DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $12.38
      BB: $8.60
      UTG: $8.58
      MP: $12.48
      CO: $6.30
      Hero (BTN): $10.00

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with A :diamond: Q :spade:
      UTG raises to $0.30, 1 fold, CO calls $0.30, Hero raises to $1.20, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.90, CO calls $0.90

Flop: ($3.75) 2 :heart: 5 :spade: A :heart: (3 players)
      UTG checks, CO checks, Hero bets $2.20, UTG raises to $4.40, CO folds, Hero raises to $8.80 all in, UTG calls $2.98 all in

Turn: ($18.51) 4 :heart: (2 players - 2 are all in)

River: ($18.51) 5 :heart: (2 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: $18.51
      UTG shows K :heart: A :club: (a flush, Ace high)
      Hero shows A :diamond: Q :spade: (two pair, Aces and Fives)
      UTG wins $17.60
      (Rake: $0.91)

EP 25/11 3b: 0
      CO 32/7 3b: 3.7

1. Good spot to squeeze or I just isolate myself against better hands ?
      I think bad play...
  • 6 replies
    • MihaiSavin
      MihaiSavin
      Bronze
      I think you overplayed your TPGK there, lets see, his range utg includes ak,(aq),aj, some pairs maybe with which he calls your raise. On the flop your hand is decent but not the best...and there are a lot of draws too, when he min c/r you should know that something is not right and expect him to have sets, two pairs even maybe a draw..so I would say its a clear fold on the flop after the c/r.
    • qMantas
      qMantas
      Bronze
      TY Mihai, I agree with you :)
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, qMantas!

You didn't tell us how many hands you have on the opponents. Hard to judge the stats not knowing the samples.

Against a very loose guy that folds often to 3bets I don't mind the squeeze. It's sort of weird "bluff" though, since you want them to worse aces and eventually KQ but also all his pocket pairs of course (which are ahead of us).

When you 3bet the UTG you are showing tremendous strength; you won't get called by worse or dominated hands often (like AJ) by decent players. If the opponent is very loose passive, then why not, it's a 3bet for value.

Against this specific opponent I'm not sure if it makes sense since he opens so little (only 11% in general, we can assume it's much less from UTG). He's so tight I'd probably just fold my AQo often against him. Problem is: if he misses the flop he'll often check to you, you bluff and he folds - you win a small pot; but if he hits or has QQ+ he has you dominated so you lose a big pot.

Since the CO joined the party I might call since we have absolute position. But then again, AQs would be much better and with AQo I'm not exactly fistpumping. Is just because the fish may very well have worse aces, so if the UTG has something like 99 and the flop comes AJ2 he will likely give up and we keep playing the fish in position (hurray). By 3betting you don't do it for value and you risk isolating youself against the utg (not only the stronger range but the stronger player).

Now, yeah, comes the flop. Cbetting is fine, but once he raises you have an easy fold since he will probably never do this as a bluff with a passive bad player still to act behind! The fish will likely call his raise so it's not a bluff. Just fold.

The problem with cbetting is if they have a hand like TT/JJ they'll probably fold; but if they have us beat they'll give us action. Our hand is not super vulnerable and I wouldn't be too worried about the flush draw since the A :heart: is on the board (and a lot of flush draw hands would be Axs, which they can't have). I don't know, probably close. Against two players, one being a super bad player like the CO I'd even cbet and expect action from AT/AJ; but if the UTG calls I'm done with the hand.
    • qMantas
      qMantas
      Bronze
      Luizsilveira thanks really helpful hand evaluation :)
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by qMantas
      Luizsilveira thanks really helpful hand evaluation :)
      I'm glad that you found it helpful! Keep them coming and we'll try our best to help :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello qMantas,

Preflop: While there is also a Caller I'd squeeze even bigger ~$1,50 and I don't even mind doing it. We have blockers and most likely even fold equity. Just flatting would be much horrible, the only way to play here is to Squeeze/Fold or just fold directly.
      Postflop: Nah, I don't really see how we can get away not even vs a full stack. Who could easily have a lot worse Ax hands there even. We need ~28% equity and we get for example against his UTG range:

Board: 2:heart: 5:spade: A:heart:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    59.69%  49.33%  10.36% { 55, 22, ATs+, A5s, A2s, AJo+ }
      UTG+1  40.31%  29.95%  10.36% { AdQs }

And of course it could be even wider, especially when the guy doesn't look likely really competent opponent.

But of course if you have doubt that he is ever gonna come up with weaker Ax hands then folding is fine. But if we are adding all those 2pair type of hands into his range then this means we also can include worse Ax hands.

Best Regards.