Bronze
      Boss $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players - View hand 1581313
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $11.03
      BB: $12.42
      Hero (CO): $14.04
      BTN: $18.60

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with Q :diamond: A :diamond:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.35, 1 fold, SB raises to $1.10, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.25) 8 :spade: A :spade: 7 :heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($2.25) 8 :club: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.50, Hero raises to $3.90, SB raises to $9.93, Hero calls $6.03

River: ($22.11) T :spade: (2 players)

yee ok I think pre is pretty std ... He defended his blind wider so I call IP

25/21/2.3AF
      3b ~10% from BB/SB

F:
      Ok he checks now I never think he has an A ... Maybe some broadways and 99-KK

I check back to induce his value bet for his JJ-KK because he will put me on broadways (FD) or pps

T: great card
      here it comes now I reraise quite small - I want to induce his shove with worse JJ-KK because I can try this very often with a FD or PPs and he knows he will have huge fold equity and I didnt bet the flop so ...

He shoves I snap call - he had AK

btw the thing is I wanted to make him bluff and then I felt like "I was owned:( " ... still I think he has AJ,AQ,AT in his range so ... It's not actualy -EV right?

thx thx for comments :)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello KillerFishes,

Well, even if you want to bluff I mean your line doesn't make sense at all. Do you think he would ever continue on the turn with worse? Rarely. Only with Ax. So therefore it's pretty standard to bet the flop and then reevaluate further actions.

Would most likely much easier to play if we Bet the turn and then reevaluate it. I don't want to say badly but I always laugh at such a play when people pick it Checking the flop while they could easily bluff there. I mean why wouldn't you Bet right there? If you really had a bluff, wouldn't you Bet the flop?

Best Regards.