Why Braminc? or - Braminc is a racist d-bag

• sabzi
      sabzi
      Bronze
      Up until a few days ago, I felt nothing but respect for Braminc.
      Even though we've never met or talked, I respected him as a poker player, a poker coach and as a person.

As a fan of his videos, I was excited to see that we sat together in a $30 HUSNG.

Then, I get these messages in chat :

braminc: lets go israeli
      braminc: dont bomb my house if i win plz
      braminc: nomsayin?

Really? A well known member of the poker community is insulting me because of where I live?
      Needless to say, I've never killed anyone or bombed any houses.

Wow man, I expected more from you.
  • 29 replies
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Puh, I am interessted what he will say to this chatlog.

I think he only wants to flame you, for the reason, that you do not play A game, but this is a very bad way to do this. I don't like it.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      You left out the important part... did u end up bombing him or stealing his land?

And he isn't racist, cus he doesn't know ur race.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Haha funny one
    • stripofbacon
      stripofbacon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sabzi

Needless to say, I've never killed anyone or bombed any houses.

LOL
      :D
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      If he keeps bugging you u can just lobby the US to have CIA kill him...
    • SwordsDrawn
      SwordsDrawn
      Bronze
      Just calm down! He's not planning to move into your newly made settlement in the West Bank.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      You left out the important part... did u end up bombing him or stealing his land?
      Seems like he decided just to jew him out
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      And imo, making racial/country related jokes doesn't make you racist. Even family guy makes such jokes, big deal. :f_biggrin:
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      totally agree. Americans are fat idiots, asians are smart, europeans are poor, israelis are terrorists, lol. Personally, that doesn't bother me, I love it as a joke, and that never changes what I think about a certain person.
    • AGTpunx
      AGTpunx
      Bronze
      I agree with OP.
      For a well known coach offiliated to words largest poker community to be making racially insensitive remarks is pretty poor form IMO.
    • SwordsDrawn
      SwordsDrawn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by staktas
      totally agree. Americans are fat idiots, asians are smart, europeans are poor, israelis are terrorists, lol. Personally, that doesn't bother me, I love it as a joke, and that never changes what I think about a certain person.
      Given that I'm from Europe I find it offensive that you didn't call Europeans dumb.

Originally posted by AGTpunx
      I agree with OP.
      For a well known coach offiliated to words largest poker community to be making racially insensitive remarks is pretty poor form IMO.
      I totally disagree. The fact that he's a coach and a part of this community doesn't prevent him from having personal opinions whatever those might be. Also I presume this happened out of recording for a review or a live session, therefore it has nothing to do with his professional integrity in this site as a member who holds certain authority.

Also if it was a strategy to tilt his opponent - very well done, even went beyond expectations, he actually got that player to make a complaint post in a forum.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      And it's so funny cus it's true :f_biggrin:
    • Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Silver
      Originally posted by ihufa
      And it's so funny cus it's true :f_biggrin:
    • AGTpunx
      AGTpunx
      Bronze
      Sure said coach can say whatever he pleases in a chat box but It reflects badly on him and i dont think you can argue against that.
    • SwordsDrawn
      SwordsDrawn
      Bronze
      Sure said coach can say whatever he pleases in a chat box but It reflects badly on him and i dont think you can argue against that.
      His political views are of no concern to me. All I care about is his professional qualities in terms of poker. Making such a big deal about a couple of lines in a chat box is both childish and will accomplish nothing. His intent was to discredit the person in question - that's what I have a problem with.
    • AGTpunx
      AGTpunx
      Bronze
      haha. When an American makes jokes about other countries (or people from other countries) bombing houses I find this quiet amusing/ironic considring the US has (at various stages in history) bombed almost every continent on earth.
    • bmfbpi
      bmfbpi
      Bronze
      he was maybe trying to put you off your A-game.

did you respond like a man ?
    • AGTpunx
      AGTpunx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SwordsDrawn
      His political views are of no concern to me. All I care about is his professional qualities in terms of poker. Making such a big deal about a couple of lines in a chat box is both childish and will accomplish nothing. His intent was to discredit the person in question - that's what I have a problem with.
      Its got nothing to do with political views. and yes If someone had made the same comment to me I wouldnt take it to such lengths. However IMO using racially insensitive comments to tilt someone is not OK and espeically not from a well known and well respected coach.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Course, without screenprint/chatlog, we've no idea if this is true. However, (assuming it is true) it doesnt say much for his skillz if he can't win a poxy $30 HU sng without having to resort to tilting his opponent off his game with insults...

What about showing a little class?