This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Why Braminc? or - Braminc is a racist d-bag

• sabzi
      sabzi
      Bronze
      Up until a few days ago, I felt nothing but respect for Braminc.
      Even though we've never met or talked, I respected him as a poker player, a poker coach and as a person.

As a fan of his videos, I was excited to see that we sat together in a $30 HUSNG.

Then, I get these messages in chat :

braminc: lets go israeli
      braminc: dont bomb my house if i win plz
      braminc: nomsayin?

Really? A well known member of the poker community is insulting me because of where I live?
      Needless to say, I've never killed anyone or bombed any houses.

Wow man, I expected more from you.
  • 29 replies
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Puh, I am interessted what he will say to this chatlog.

I think he only wants to flame you, for the reason, that you do not play A game, but this is a very bad way to do this. I don't like it.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Silver
      You left out the important part... did u end up bombing him or stealing his land?

And he isn't racist, cus he doesn't know ur race.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Haha funny one
    • stripofbacon
      stripofbacon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sabzi

Needless to say, I've never killed anyone or bombed any houses.

LOL
      :D
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Silver
      If he keeps bugging you u can just lobby the US to have CIA kill him...
    • SwordsDrawn
      SwordsDrawn
      Bronze
      Just calm down! He's not planning to move into your newly made settlement in the West Bank.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      You left out the important part... did u end up bombing him or stealing his land?
      Seems like he decided just to jew him out
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      And imo, making racial/country related jokes doesn't make you racist. Even family guy makes such jokes, big deal. :f_biggrin:
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      totally agree. Americans are fat idiots, asians are smart, europeans are poor, israelis are terrorists, lol. Personally, that doesn't bother me, I love it as a joke, and that never changes what I think about a certain person.
    • AGTpunx
      AGTpunx
      Bronze
      I agree with OP.
      For a well known coach offiliated to words largest poker community to be making racially insensitive remarks is pretty poor form IMO.
    • SwordsDrawn
      SwordsDrawn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by staktas
      totally agree. Americans are fat idiots, asians are smart, europeans are poor, israelis are terrorists, lol. Personally, that doesn't bother me, I love it as a joke, and that never changes what I think about a certain person.
      Given that I'm from Europe I find it offensive that you didn't call Europeans dumb.

Originally posted by AGTpunx
      I agree with OP.
      For a well known coach offiliated to words largest poker community to be making racially insensitive remarks is pretty poor form IMO.
      I totally disagree. The fact that he's a coach and a part of this community doesn't prevent him from having personal opinions whatever those might be. Also I presume this happened out of recording for a review or a live session, therefore it has nothing to do with his professional integrity in this site as a member who holds certain authority.

Also if it was a strategy to tilt his opponent - very well done, even went beyond expectations, he actually got that player to make a complaint post in a forum.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Silver
      And it's so funny cus it's true :f_biggrin:
    • Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      And it's so funny cus it's true :f_biggrin:
    • AGTpunx
      AGTpunx
      Bronze
      Sure said coach can say whatever he pleases in a chat box but It reflects badly on him and i dont think you can argue against that.
    • SwordsDrawn
      SwordsDrawn
      Bronze
      Sure said coach can say whatever he pleases in a chat box but It reflects badly on him and i dont think you can argue against that.
      His political views are of no concern to me. All I care about is his professional qualities in terms of poker. Making such a big deal about a couple of lines in a chat box is both childish and will accomplish nothing. His intent was to discredit the person in question - that's what I have a problem with.
    • AGTpunx
      AGTpunx
      Bronze
      haha. When an American makes jokes about other countries (or people from other countries) bombing houses I find this quiet amusing/ironic considring the US has (at various stages in history) bombed almost every continent on earth.
    • bmfbpi
      bmfbpi
      Bronze
      he was maybe trying to put you off your A-game.

did you respond like a man ?
    • AGTpunx
      AGTpunx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SwordsDrawn
      His political views are of no concern to me. All I care about is his professional qualities in terms of poker. Making such a big deal about a couple of lines in a chat box is both childish and will accomplish nothing. His intent was to discredit the person in question - that's what I have a problem with.
      Its got nothing to do with political views. and yes If someone had made the same comment to me I wouldnt take it to such lengths. However IMO using racially insensitive comments to tilt someone is not OK and espeically not from a well known and well respected coach.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Course, without screenprint/chatlog, we've no idea if this is true. However, (assuming it is true) it doesnt say much for his skillz if he can't win a poxy $30 HU sng without having to resort to tilting his opponent off his game with insults...

What about showing a little class?