Flop: ($0.90, 2 players) 9:club: J:spade: T:spade:
      boral bets $0.64, gnawhalak raises to $1.39, boral calls $0.75

Turn: ($3.68, 2 players) 6:diamond:
      boral bets $1.80, gnawhalak calls $1.80

River: ($7.28, 2 players) 8:heart:
      boral bets $3.50, fold

boral wins $6.92

hello.. i was against an unknown..

1. reraise on the flop i guess was a bit small.
      2. was it ok to check/call on turn and fold donk bet on river?
      3. should i have folded on the turn?
  • 8 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Hi gnawhalak,

this hand really didn't go as you expected:)

You raised flop to small and you should raise it bigger. This is so drawy board and if you decided to raise you have to make a plan so if blank comes on turn you have an easy push.

It is hard to find out what villains flop donk means. I also don't understand why is he just calling your flop and then again donk turn. Without any reads it is really a difficult decision. The basic question is to protect or not to protect:)

I think that i am gonna raise more flop and push turn.

I am sure that our pro judge veriz will make things more clear:) )
    • gnawhalak
      gnawhalak
      Bronze
      yup.. no as much as i expected.. :)

making the mistake on the flop on betting small.. that made the call on turn a bad one you think?
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gnawhalak
      yup.. no as much as i expected.. :)

making the mistake on the flop on betting small.. that made the call on turn a bad one you think?
      We have to think about River also on Turn....if you call than there is really almost none hand on river that we like and therefore we really have to fold to any action on river.

I think in this case calling is the worse option possible. Either fold or raise is better i guess.

Again...very though decision. I hate those:)
    • gnawhalak
      gnawhalak
      Bronze
      i guess i just had a tough time folding my AA on the turn..

better use this read on him where he bets half pot on what range he could have had..

thanks
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      The guy didnt buy in full and has donked so i presume fish. Raise bigger on flop to set up turn jam.

like 2.80-3 on the flop.

really lost what is best OTT
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello gnawhalak,

Flop: Actually I am not really sure if I want to raise in first place here. :) What you gonna achieve with it? You just isolating against very strong hands and at the same time you could easily just take pot control and maybe another time get money from the guy. There are too many set/2pair/straight combos which already beat you. Or either just pair+draw type of hands which has great equity against you. So I might even tend to play for pot control here. Or either if you even want to raise then make it properly and pot size and ship turn.

As played
      Turn: What did it change on the turn that you didn't want to play for the stacks anymore? Ship it if you raised on flop. ;)

Best Regards.
    • gnawhalak
      gnawhalak
      Bronze
      hmm.. pot control on flop and give up on future aggression on later streets..

thanks veriz.. that's a different perspective i wouldn't have looked up on my own..
    • MrJohnAce
      MrJohnAce
      Bronze
      Yes, pot control is the best option here. Small hand/small pot concept. AA is the nuts preflop (so get your money in), but becomes a small hand post-flop unimproved (so be careful when you get your money in).

I wouldn't fold to his donkbet on the flop, but folding to a 2nd donkbet on the turn would probably be my play, especially against an unknown opponent. Save your money now and get paid with your Rockets next time.