DrFunk
      Bronze
      NL5, Full ring.

Villain1 (4.66$)
      Villain2 (5.12$)
      Hero (4.90$)

Preflop:
      Hero dealt A :diamond: K :heart:
      Villain1 raises to 0.20$, 1 fold, villain2 calls, 4 fold, Hero calls, 2 fold

Flop (0.66$) : 8 :club: A :heart: 3 :spade:
      Villain1 bets 0.50$, villain2 folds, Hero calls

Turn (1.66$) : 5 :club:
      Villain1 bets 1$, Hero???

I have TPTK, but villain is showing a lot of strenght, he raised first... What is my action? He is an unknown player. I put him maybe on AA?
  • 6 replies
    • Roya1flush
      Roya1flush
      Bronze
      re-raise pre-flop to $0.60-$1

raise flop 3 times villains raise $1.50 (you have hit TP with TK so you should not be cold calling the flop )

If re-raised then i would push all in, if he has a set then its bad luck...

But this smells like a set...

If you not willing to get your money in playing AK when you hit the board then you should fold pre-flop..
    • DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      Ok, let's say i raise preflop with AK to 1$. Two people call me. I dont hit anything on flop. What do i do next? If I am in or out of position?
    • Roya1flush
      Roya1flush
      Bronze
      On that bord in position i would raise, out of position a normal c-bet would be good enough to tell you where you stand...

what position was villain seating in?
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      First of all you have to 3bet preflop. On the flop you also have to raise him if he makes a 3bet I think I'm going broke vs. unknown.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Roya1flush
      re-raise pre-flop to $0.60-$1

raise flop 3 times villains raise $1.50 (you have hit TP with TK so you should not be cold calling the flop )

If re-raised then i would push all in, if he has a set then its bad luck...

But this smells like a set...

If you not willing to get your money in playing AK when you hit the board then you should fold pre-flop..

As played I would get stacked on the turn. Villain would lead here a lot worse hands AQ, AJ, AT, JJ, QQ, KK and I´m happy to put money in with tptk.
      Calling down is an option, but you probably loose money, since you could stack AQ, AJ.
      It´s also hard to put him on set, because NL 5 players tend to limp with small pp-s rather than open raise (or that is what they did on NL 10, haven´t played NL 5, but the players skills should be the same)
    • DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      Thanks a bunch!

Now i will know how to play AK.