Hero (SB): $10.00 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 12, 3B: 4, AF: 4.1, Hands: 20999
      BB: $12.21 - VPIP: 53, PFR: 41, 3B: 0, AF: 5.7, Hands: 32
      UTG: $9.76 - VPIP: 29, PFR: 3, 3B: 5, AF: 0.7, Hands: 34
      UTG+1: $4.62 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 12, 3B: 12, AF: 3.5, Hands: 34
      MP: $4.55 - VPIP: 14, PFR: 8, 3B: 6, AF: 0.7, Hands: 51
      CO: $5.69 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 4, 3B: 2, AF: 1.4, Hands: 286

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with 8 :heart: A :diamond:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.60) 3 :club: Q :diamond: 8 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, BB raises to $0.80, Hero folds

What do you think about 3bet/folding? He is a maniac and could do it with a very wide range.
  • 7 replies
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      Hey!
      Vs player like him I wouldn't even try stealing with A8o. Not worth to play with this hand OOP.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BGawli
      Hey!
      Vs player like him I wouldn't even try stealing with A8o. Not worth to play with this hand OOP.
      Hey BGawli,

Always around. I do agree it is simply me tryintg to benefit from such player. As you know this players on FR don t lest that much anyway(2-3 hands went broke on a bluff with missed draw). Anyway the problem is that I will play 8 out of 9 hands against him OOP as you know. Since this are the best players to easy get money and my A8o is by far better then his BB calling range I decided to give a shot(thought about it). But against this players I dont have that kinda of postflop skills so I could outplayed them so basically rely on hitting something and let him continue his agression. My question here is towards adjusting my play against them since he raised here I think very wide.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      so if you want to adjust your play vs player like him, first of all you have to change your site. The most important thing is having position on him.
      This is good table, you have many loose players like BTN or BB but you will have problem to play profitable vs BTN because any kind of loose isolate will be destroy by cold calling BB so you have to got on the right both players like them.

As played...
      Your play is ok. I don't see mistake in your game. Correct steal, correct cbet, correct fold, not much to do. This is ABS poker but you know... you have to adjust your play vs players like him so folding A8o would be adjustment which we are talking about.

BTW. Keep going with your effort and everything will be fine. You are in correct place, you have got great coach so it's impossible not to move forward.
      I had problem with beat NL10 too. I had seriously bad time in this limit but finally I beat it... it was the same with NL20... again bad time, I had to manage with bad run, mistakes, bad beats, tilt, new mindset... so probably in new limit I will have the same.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Hey guys....i am really happy to see such a conversation here and giving our experiences to each other.

Well nothing much to say about that hand but still i agree that we will have few problems if got called. I think your play was fine here since if we call his raise we have to fold turn almost every time and if we raise we turn our hand into bluff.

I just want to say a reason why i do like your play. I think that we all here underestimate a bit the power of mind and if you continue with hand like that and then you loose half of your stack with QT QJ or even worse villains hand i think we struggle wind tilting maybe without even knowing. Here happen some automatic calls, angry preflop 3bets, angry calls and so on. Well if we take a look at hand by hand we should play some hands differently but i think that if we loose with some kind of bluffs and so on even if we did it correctly i am afraid those hand have high impact on our heads. So this is also the reason why a tell so many times that fold is the most profitable even if maybe it is not for that particular hand.

For example +EV bluff which is profitable with just 30% of villain folding can cost us very much because of tilting and can cause a very bad play in next hands so mathematically was a correct move but it was correct if it doesn't have impact on our play.

I hope you understand what i mean and that is also a reason why i do agree here with your kind of play.

Of course we are hiking towards higher limits and our way has many barriers so we cannot still act really as a pros because our head doesn't allowed us to do so.

This are my thought i want to share with you and i hope we all see some useful info in them. I think it is very important to think also from that point of view.

Well i hope i am not boring to much and you won't send me to Oprah :f_cool:
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hey Allan83,

It is nice that you joined the conversation. Would you also advise me to not play such hands OOP against such a player?

Anyway, I totally agree with you with the mental part of this discusion. I always think that I m under a bit of pressure when I see such players. It is simply because I wanna move up on the next level and players like him always makes me think this will boost my BR I have to get into hands with him. His stats and style are simply just tempting. Especially when he min raised me I think almost always on such a dry board that I m ahead. That s way I decided to ask you uys what do you think about a 3bet? It is not something that is mandatory but I wanna just talk about (about dealing with maniacs). I mean let s say we have JJ and the flop comes KT8 rainbow. You know that he is gonna min raise your Cbet and X/C might be also expensive since it will be hard for us to control the pot against such a player but the problem is in our head (mine at least) that I assume that I ahead against his min raise range. How to deal with them overall. I wont be having an overapair and TPTK or TPGK always so do I actually really have to wait to confront him for such spots. Based being OOP.

P.S. DOn t worry we are not gonna send you to Oprah. We can just thank you for sharing your knowledge
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      hey again:)

yeah i would suggest to just fold preflop.

Even if you take a lof at standard open raising chart for SH game(ORC) you will see that from SB we open raise with ATo+.

With marginal hands we will almost always have trouble playing OOP and it will be difficult to extract much value even when we hit.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sikac,

Preflop: Kind of close while being OOP but overall it's possible. He calls with a lot worse. More often I'd prefer to be IP against him.

As played
      Postflop: Doesn't really make sense to 3bet/Fold, if he is a maniac then rather Check/Call and let him bluff off. ;) Rather just wait for hand next time and then Bet vs him and start to pick fancy lines.

Best Regards.