$1.86
      MP2:
      $2.33
      CO:
      $2.05
      Hero:
      $2

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9:heart: , 9:diamond:
      MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.08, Hero calls $0.08, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.06, MP2 calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.35) 8:diamond: , 7:diamond: , 6:diamond: (4 players)
      MP1 bets $0.17, MP2 folds, CO raises to $0.63, Hero folds, MP1 calls $0.46.

Turn: ($1.61) 9:spade: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.76, CO folds.

Final Pot: $2.37

In the flop, was my decision of folding the correct one? And in case I call on the flop and hit the 9 on the turn, calling would be the right choice.. correct?

Tnx for reply. :]
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello timsuy,

Kind of close spot here I guess, while we have the OESFD I might even consider to continue here. Our equity is still very good even against sets/overpairs. With Calling you might also drag MP1 along cause with shipping directly you wont have much fold equity anyways.

But of course overall folding is totally fine as well if you want to avoid the variance.

Best Regards.
    • timsuy
      timsuy
      Bronze
      Hi veriz,

Tnx for the replies. :]

Not sure if this is the thread for this question but how do you accurately compute for equity? I got the equilab software which calculates the equity but how can you properly guess the hand range of other players?

Do I just input random hands that they might have that beats mine? Or do I also add hand ranges that I could beat?

And what do you consider a good equity vs a possible made hand? Is a ~25% equity good against made hand?

Like for the posted hand,

Lets say he made a flush on the flop. A pocket 9 on the flop gives me ~11% equity at least? Or do I also have to add the other hands that might give him a set or overpair which would give me around ~45% equity on the flop?

Which computation is more correct?

Sorry for lots of questions. Want to learn alot. :] If you find it annoying or something tell me then I could lessen it a bit. :D Tnx again for the help.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Not sure if this is the thread for this question but how do you accurately compute for equity? I got the equilab software which calculates the equity but how can you properly guess the hand range of other players?

With experience and skills? :) Knowing the opponent?

Do I just input random hands that they might have that beats mine? Or do I also add hand ranges that I could beat?

Just putting random hands wont work, we have to guess the proper range and add everything which could be playing this way.

And what do you consider a good equity vs a possible made hand? Is a ~25% equity good against made hand?

No, 25% equity isn't good. That depends on situations, how much to Call, what's the pot etc. :) Poker isn't that simple that there is a simple answer for everything and the default. Different situations, different actions.

Lets say he made a flush on the flop. A pocket 9 on the flop gives me ~11% equity at least? Or do I also have to add the other hands that might give him a set or overpair which would give me around ~45% equity on the flop?

Well, you can't put him on only made flushes.