[NL2-NL10] Nl10 SH AQ

• Sinnology
      BB is guy who 3b 14% from bb. Generally 10%.
      since I dont want to play guessing game postflop, and my hand is strong I just shove and expecting him to fold.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($25.75)
      BB ($11.65)
      UTG ($9.86)
      UTG+1 ($8.44)
      CO ($10.60)
      Hero ($12.80)

Dealt to Hero AHeart QDiamond

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, BB raises to $1.20, Hero raises to $12.80 (AI), BB calls $10.45 (AI)

FLOP ($23.35) 5Spade 9Diamond 6Spade

TURN ($23.35) 5Spade 9Diamond 6Spade AClub

RIVER ($23.35) 5Spade 9Diamond 6Spade AClub 7Heart

Hero shows AHeart QDiamond
      (Pre 25%, Flop 14.3%, Turn 6.8%)

BB shows KHeart ADiamond
      (Pre 75%, Flop 85.7%, Turn 93.2%)

BB wins $21.80
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      Hello Sinnology,

What about hand sample? :) I would most likely fold it preflop and let it be. :) Neither doesn't really make sense to shove the hand directly, what worse hand will call you?

Best Regards.
    • Sinnology
      I have 500 hands on this guy. so we can say its more accurate.
      Honestly I was counting more on my FE than actuall equity.
      I play on ipoker and blind battles there are like nowhere I ve seen so far.
      THis opponents (I assume he is bot) play a lot 3b and fold to 4bet.
      Or 4b smalish as 4b and fold to shove.
      So my plan was that he will fold here.
      If he calls us lets hope to see 99 and flip .They call with 99 shoves you know.

I would apreciate one more advice from you, since I am pretty much sure u have been in position which am about to describe.

Atm I am in pretty nasty downswing.
      I came to Ipoker with 250$ and after 15k hands I was up 15bis.
      I play decent and also had some luck.
      As soon as I moved to nl20 I got crushed.
      Lost 4bis in some really funky hands, and move back to nl10 and since then I lost 190!
      My ev stood around -70.
      Nothing went my way and on tilt I spew around 5-6bi which is idiotic.
      Atm I am in place where I really dont know anything.
      I took some time off and dedicate myself to study.
      Read poker blueprint,made some ntoes. improved my preflop play a bit.
      Btu still losing.
      Atm I am in state of mind where I really am not sure about anytihng in my game.
      More I read, more confuse I get,more I play more I lose and pissed off I get, and overall poker experiance seems more like endless struglle than anything else.
      I really dont have any ideas what to do to pull myself out of this mess, and it really is a mess.

Your advice on this would be highly appreicated.

Best regards
    • delanonunes
      Hello my friend,
      was just reading your post and have been in the place you talk about, sounds like a crazy build up of tilt over a period of time has slowed down your capacity to learn and improve, i felt like this a few months ago i couldnt stop losing and didnt understand why?
      When you was doing well was you studying and looking at your hands and reviewing them etc? sometimes we forget to look at our game when we're doing well as well as when we're on a downswing, we can get over-confident from winning which is a kind of tilt and then when we run bad we feel like an injustice has been done because we're trying so hard and yet getting no-where, sometimes a bad run is simple variance and luck which we can do nothing about, but we can do something about tilt...

Think about the way you study the game of poker....now try and find the reasons, session at a time why you play bad or why are you tilting?

Try writing down on paper what was going wrong and when did you start to recognize it was going wrong? Was you obeying BRM? Did you have any "stop-loss" limits set and did you break them?
      Were you being distracted while playing? Did you have open too many tables?

Did you start playing too loose because the fish kept sucking out on you?
      Can you tell you're getting angry before its too late?

I only say all these things because i've turned my game around from where yours is right now, by looking at my mental game issues just as much as i look at the strategy side of things....

Something that would help ALOT is if you read a book called "The Mental Game of Poker" by Jared Tendler and Barry Carter......one of the coaches from Pokerstrategy is in the book and talks highly of his teachings about tilt and staying in control of your game....

I'm still in the middle of the book at the moment but can already see a few visible differences in my game and attitude, i've been making good decisions (win or lose) and accepting them, results arent everything even if you lose every big pot for 10-20 hands so long as you played correctly over time all the results will even out( apparently) lol....

Anyway sorry for going on, but i really do understand your situation, i felt like giving up 6 months ago til i realised all the ilt keeps building up and up until you face up to why you tilt in the fist place....

Dont believe the hype when people say "Tilt is just a part of the game get used to it"....
      you dont have to....learn to control it instead.... Tighten up, stay solid and stay in control and accept variance for what it is....

I truly wish you the very best of luck in your conquest of the "game" maybe i'll see you on the micros sometime ( which by the way i'm crushing slowly but surely lol) :s_cool:

take care m8 hope u turn things around soon :s_biggrin:
    • veriz
      Still I don't see why we should be jamming directly. You don't even give him a chance to continue with bluffs. ;) Especially if he is going broke with very strong range then we could even consider turning our hand into bluff by 4bet/bluffing at some point.

Well, downswings are cruel, have had a lot of them myself. That's also what separates big winning players from rather average ones. You are able to manage the downswing. Usually if you see a bad run coming up then just switch to smaller limits for some time and try to get back your play. Also of course don't forget about tilt factor. ;) It's usually the reason why people continue losing. For example do you use stop-loss?