MT SnG, Need advice

• MiddleMan
      MiddleMan
      Bronze
      Hi

I started by playing FL on titan poker for few weeks. Now i play only MT SnG.
      I think i am doing quite good. Nothing mutch to show in stats, since i play only for like a week.
      So, questions are as follow -
      1) Why Titan poker SnG(micro limits) are so mutch different than Pokerstars(That is where i basicaly play SnG). ( now I usualy loose on TP, but when i started playing poker i did prity good on TP :) )
      (And it is bad, since my Pokerstars account is not tracked to PS :( )

2) I was watching a few videos here, Where people play many tables at once, loose in most of them. I have tryed to play on two tables, and i usualy loose fast. Ok, i can handle 6 tables and maybe finish in money in two of them. But i prefere to concentrate on one table, and take one of the top positions for one buyin, than two top positions for 6 buyins.
      Any comments?

3) As i understand MT SnG are the best way to get ready for bigger tournaments? :) (I tryed to play at cash tables - it was a disaster, game is so mutch different.)

I would be greatfull for any comments or advices, since i am beggining SnG player.
  • 5 replies
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      I'll take a shot, I moved to Titan last week and there are definately differences from stars.

1) Calling stations. Simply put, your preflop raises are likely to get called with junk and your continuation bets are likely to get called with 2nd or 3rd pair. If the board pairs on the river and villain donks all in, just fold, 9/10 times he's made trips. I've started cutting back on the amount of cbets I make and evaluating my FE more carefully before making the standard cbet.

2) SnGs are very mechincal in play style, tight early and ICM later, therefore multi-tabling doesn't give much away vs single table. That said you will always pick up reads better and be able to define ranges more easily with just 1 table, especially if your just starting out with SnGs.

3) The 180 players are a good training ground for big MTTs. The 2-5 table sngs I find more of an extended STT, there's still so few chips that for the most part your in push/fold mode for the entire later stages unless you amass a whole load of chips.

Btw what limits you playing?
    • MiddleMan
      MiddleMan
      Bronze
      Thanks, for advices.

I play only micro limits(1$, since my BR is realy short :) ), for a few times i tryed 4$ buyin with 180 players, two times finished on the bubble, and one time finished in the money :) Just cause i wanted to get in the money, so i was surviving not playingwhen there where 25 players left(first 18 paid)

Does skille level is mutch different on higher limits(like 5-20$)?
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MiddleMan
      Does skille level is mutch different on higher limits(like 5-20$)?
      no, not really.
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      I have seen more bonuses for Titan Poker than for Pokerstars, since Titan is a growing website and pokerstars is at the peak of online poker, it makes sense that there are a lot of plyers with free bucks playing as if it was play money.

On pokerstars I have noticed that multi tabling is the easiest and the software is decent making a $0.02/0.05 game profitable enough. I have actually seen a few players over 6k profit with average stake of $2 on stars.

You don't have to play cash games if they are a disaster. Since there are so many options out there stick with whatever is best for you. I understand this because I have same issues, struggling in cash and doing very good in SNG. I haven't played cash for a week now and don't plan to play until I have around $400 then I will start again at $5 NL.

You can play 1 table at once, as long as you do better on 1 table than 6 tables. I rather win $1 on 1 table than break even playing 6 tables.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      learning cash is very important if not crucial if you want to be a successful MTT player.