This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Playing AJ AQ late against 3/4 limpers

• punta
      punta
      Bronze
      One quick question playing SSS - I have AQ/AJ in late pos - 3/4 limpers - instead of raising it up to $0.70/$0.80 - would it not be better to just go ALL IN before the flop, as I wil be commiting a fair amount to the pot anyway.

I find AQ and AJ hard hands to play with anyway.

Paul
  • 3 replies
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      how much stack u got left?? No reason to go all in whth AQ and AJ... unless you barely have any money left or the opponents are too tight...
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by punta
      One quick question playing SSS - I have AQ/AJ in late pos - 3/4 limpers - instead of raising it up to $0.70/$0.80 - would it not be better to just go ALL IN before the flop, as I wil be commiting a fair amount to the pot anyway.

I find AQ and AJ hard hands to play with anyway.

Paul
      Whenever you feel that you're going to be pot-committed on the flop given the PF action and your stack-size then i think that it is OK to shove quite a range of hands over the top of limpers. AQ/AJ are also typically included in this range.
    • alexkz
      alexkz
      Bronze
      I usually go all in when there are 3 or more limpers with any chart hand excluded 77-88, because its more profitable also to limp this pocket pairs on set-value IMO. AA and KK i prefer to make a raise because of strength