Playing AJ AQ late against 3/4 limpers

• punta
      punta
      Bronze
      One quick question playing SSS - I have AQ/AJ in late pos - 3/4 limpers - instead of raising it up to $0.70/$0.80 - would it not be better to just go ALL IN before the flop, as I wil be commiting a fair amount to the pot anyway.

I find AQ and AJ hard hands to play with anyway.

Paul
  • 3 replies
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      how much stack u got left?? No reason to go all in whth AQ and AJ... unless you barely have any money left or the opponents are too tight...
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by punta
      One quick question playing SSS - I have AQ/AJ in late pos - 3/4 limpers - instead of raising it up to $0.70/$0.80 - would it not be better to just go ALL IN before the flop, as I wil be commiting a fair amount to the pot anyway.

I find AQ and AJ hard hands to play with anyway.

Paul
      Whenever you feel that you're going to be pot-committed on the flop given the PF action and your stack-size then i think that it is OK to shove quite a range of hands over the top of limpers. AQ/AJ are also typically included in this range.
    • alexkz
      alexkz
      Bronze
      I usually go all in when there are 3 or more limpers with any chart hand excluded 77-88, because its more profitable also to limp this pocket pairs on set-value IMO. AA and KK i prefer to make a raise because of strength