[NL2-NL10] NL2; KK with A in flop

• Keifla
      Keifla
      Bronze
      Hi, just started actively improving my game and this is my first hand evaluation:

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      BB = ($0.80)
      MP1 = ($0.89)
      MP2 (Hero) = ($2.11)
      MP3 = ($2.04)
      CO = ($0.80)
      BU = ($2.06)
      SB = ($0.74)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, K.
      MP1 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, 5 folds, MP1 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.23) 6, A, 7 (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.16, Hero raises to $0.40, MP1 raises to $0.79, Hero folds, MP1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.63.

Had only been at the table for a few minutes and hadn't seen the villain play a flop before, he'd folded a few of my pre-flop raises previously though. I re-raised as I assumed he'd hit the 6 or 7 but the all-in would suggest he hit the ace, no?

Any advice? How would you guys have played it?

Thanks,
      x
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Keifla,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Why do you raise the flop? You are just making a lot worse hands to fold and better hands either to continue or 3bet even you. I don't really like the raise. At the best we could consider calling if we think he is donking with very wide range but otherwise vs passive opponents I might even just fold the hand.

Best Regards.
    • Keifla
      Keifla
      Bronze
      Hi, thanks for the reply veriz.

It looked like a pretty loose table when I arrived so presumed he was bluffing an ace or at best had hit a 6 or 7. He had checked the BB which (I thought) kinda supported that.

Thanks for the reply, will be posting more in the future...I have PLENTY of room for improvement, (as you've seen ha!)