New Leakfinder Series - Apply Now!

• Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Reached NL25 or NL50 and got stuck?

All members with the silver status (or higher) are now eligible to apply
      for my new leakfinder series.

In order to apply post some information about yourself, your pokergame, and
      if you can, a graph.

If you're chosen you'll get the full package:
      - a statistics analysis + video-review by me
      - a hand evaluation session with specific hands from your database
      - a final live session where we evaluate your game on-the-fly

Apply now and give your game a boost!

The application period ends saturday at noon, the winner will be announced saturday afternoon.

Requirements:
      - Ability to record a video of your play
      - Skype (with microphone) and either Teamviewer or Mikogo
      - willingness to improve

Take care
      Phil
  • 21 replies
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      What if the site we are playing on does ot have NL25 but NL20? Is that still eligable or in that case it needs to be NL50?
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      NL 20 counts ;) .
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      Nl10, one time? :f_grin:
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bierbaer
      NL 20 counts ;) .
      Great. :D

So, little about myself and my poker recently.

I play poker for some years now...with no notable results. Tried cash, SNGs, some occasionally MTTs... Had some succes, but not near what I know I can have. :)

When I started on 888, I had BR for NL10. I strugled a little at the beginning, since I svitched from SNGs on P* to cash on 888. After that it went nicely as it is obvious from the graph:

There are ofcourse still many leaks (my red line is goind down all the way to hell) but they were not so obvious on this limit.

I then went up one limit to NL20...disaster. Don't think it is suuuch a big difference in play quality, but somehow I just can't get ahead. :(

I do table select and when fish leaves and tables become unprofitable, I leave too. But still, somehow (by bad play, mistakes, coolers) I always end up with worst hand at the showdown. I'm actually only 2,5BI down which is nothing to be fair, but what concernes me is that my EV line is headed in the direction of my red line...to hell and beyond.
      I also realise sample size is not big, but that is pretty much everything I have right now (made a new database just before I started playing on 888).

For some more info and graphs, you can check my blog: Sailing the Pacific (888poker blog)
      Not updating every day, but still, some further info can be found there (for 888 stuff, check few last posts).
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Castle93
      Sorry, NL20 is the minium.
      But there will surely be more opportunities like this for you in the future :) .
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      move up? ?(
    • Pkrpains
      Pkrpains
      Bronze
      A must to give it a shot.

I am currently 19 years old. First time met poker when I was 16 if I'm correct. Basically, the times when online poker was at it's peak. Even though it was illegal to play on my own, I was lucky enough to convince my mom to let me play with her details. Not because I was very addicted to the game, but because I felt that there is a good possibility to make some money. And I did. Learned a lot and was crushing the games pretty good up until NL50, have made some shots at NL100.

But because of a good run and a lack of experience (still was a kid), I forgot about improving and did not put in more effort into my game. Then the inevitable happened and I hit a big downer, which made me to quit poker for a long period of time.

Now I am back at it with a better attitude towards the game. It's one month and a half when I started playing again. Started at NL4, had a pretty sweet run and now I am rolled for NL25 and playing there.

Long story short, I feel I know the main aspects of poker (I mean, micro stakes cash games) and I don't make terrible obvious mistakes. But I have a weak point, and this is playing against aggro, thinking competition. Pretty sure that I often do not play optimally vs it. My playing style is 27/23.

I am sure all my profits are because of table selection. Having said that, I would really like to improve my game versus regs and when facing aggression, to have a strong basement for future, for moving up stakes, where both of these mentioned 2 things are more and more common.

I don't have a lifetime graph, but the one after my comeback is:

9k hands NL4
      17k - NL10
      13.5k - NL25 ( current stakes )

Thanks for an oppurtunity.
    • everyoneissolid
      everyoneissolid
      Gold
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Wow, this looks great. I'll gladly try this out, it could do wonders for my game.

Well, my name is Ziga and i'm from Slovenia. I've been playing poker seriously since september, crushed NL10 quckly and moved up to NL20. Started there fast as well, but soon i stopped winning. It had a lot to do with running under EV which in turn made me play bad.

In february i started playing at pokerstars, and finally manage to catch-up the EV deficit and i was able to crush this month at NL25.

My first Nl50 shot was a distaster. Down 6 BI in 500 hands at LadBrokes. The next started great, but ended up badly as well. I've finally regained enough of my BR back to start playing at NL50 again, and i'm holding around BE for the last few days.

I'd really enjoy this opportunity if you'll see me as the right candidate.

Here's my 20-25NL graph. Guess when i started playing at PS? ;)

And here's 50NL

I was running for a time at 21/18/5; then changed my game to 25/21/9, which i could easily sustain on NL25, but at NL50 my stats changed back to 22/18/7.

Here are my precise stats for the last month; i post this only because this month is when my game "evolved" the way i envisioned it; I've played 21/18/5 for so long that the full stats don't show my current game. (no need to be sloppy with such a great opportunity)

This is 25NL at PS

And this is 50NL at PS

I try to be more agressive, but seems the game is much harder at NL50. Suckouts hurt more, swings do damage to the bankroll.

Anyways, i hope this is enough; i'll gladly post more stats if needed.

Hopefully, you'll choose me and help me advance my poker career to the next step.

Thanks in both outcomes.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out how much harder the game at NL50 seems to me. I'm really giving my best, grinding, trying to find the little edges, but nothing seems to work. Even in my best day, i can't go more than 2BI up per session; It's just not as fun as it was.

Perhaps that's the kinda guy you're looking for :f_biggrin:
    • niveaformen
      niveaformen
      Diamond
      Hi,

I'm Marko from Croatia, 21 y old.

I started poker before 2.5y and half year later I was playing it for a living. Living costs in Croatia are low enough to live ok with playing small stakes. In mid 2010 I was shooting nl400 and after big downswing I busted my roll in few months. Got stake, 2-3 months later I had my roll for nl50, got to nl100 or 200 and bust it after some time. Repeat 3-4x :)

Problem is that last 2-3 months I really can't beat anything, running ton under EV and that causes me playing bad as my bankroll is getting smaller. Despite having really bad BRM, I think my biggest problem is watching too much higher stakes videos, trying to be grindcore and leveling myself into good looking plays that aren't appropriate against that opponent. Maybe that are result of trying to switch to hu in middle of last year what didn't went well and after that I just don't give enough credit to people.

I think this leakfinder will help me a lot, same to people who are currently in downswing just like me.

2011 (50-400):

2012 (mostly nl100 w 50 and little 20):
    • NorwayCowboy
      NorwayCowboy
      Bronze
      Hey,

My name is Kristian, i'm 21 years old, and it's no suprise, i am from Norway!

I started playing SNG's and MTT's at FT, then went over to cashgames, played NL10 SH and moved up to NL25 SH, then Rush Poker appeared and I did real good at the NL25 SH Rush tables.

FT went to shit and i'm back at nothing.

One year later i'm back. Went to PokerStars and tried my skills, did good at NL10 SH so moved up to NL25. Never got anywhere, so again, time passes without me playing poker.

4 months goes by - I return to the tables February 2012.

This time i'm really motivated, as i'm not going to school next year, and I need to build up a bankroll to move out. So i'm looking at getting to NL200 before the end of 2012. Short term goal is to beat NL50 within the next 3 months.

Don't have a lifetime graph, but here is my NL25 SH Rush graph.

And here is my lifetime PokerStars graph before I hit NL25.

And my NL25 graph @PS

Stats at NL25 last month.

Requirements:
      - I can record my game.
      - I got a mic and Skype
      - I'm really motivated and I really need to improve my game.
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Shevtshenko
      move up? ?(
      Im currently bulding my bankroll for it, ive been playing Nl10 started with $160, at $250 now so hopefully soon :f_grin:
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Shevtshenko
      move up? ?(
      Im currently bulding my bankroll for it, ive been playing Nl10 started with $160, at $250 now so hopefully soon :f_grin:
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Leave space to others members as Im too behind by now, sorry and thank you anyway! :)
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Hi,

the application period ends now.

Given all the great applications and that every single one seems to be the best candidate, this is a really tough choice.
      Please give me until monday as I'd like to think about it for a while and not make a hasty decision.

Thanks for your understanding

Phil
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Hi,

after evaluating carefully, I've chosen NorwayCowboy.
      You'll receive a ticket with my Skype and email soon.

@ all other applicants:
      There will be more projects in the future for sure. When I plan something, I'll definitely have a look at this thread ;) .

Phil
    • NorwayCowboy
      NorwayCowboy
      Bronze
      Yeah! Thank you Bierbaer :s_biggrin:

I'm so looking forward to this!
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
    • NorwayCowboy
      NorwayCowboy
      Bronze
      I got the ticket, will add you on skype when I get home in around 2 hours :)