Cash games blog by niekaszzz

• niekaszzz
      niekaszzz
      Bronze
      Hello Everybody

I have decided to start a blog to keep myself motivated and i hope this blog will help me to reach higher limits. I plan to update it after every session.

About me:

My name is Edvinas. I m 19 years old and i live in Lithuania, but my near future plans move to London. I finished school last year and take a one year brake before university so i have a lot of time to play poker.

Poker career:

I have been playing poker for more than 2 years and it was just fun game for me, now i have decided to take it seriously.

Current targets:

*Reach NL100
      *No weeks without profit
      *Play atleast 4h each day
      *Post hands on the forums for evaluation
      *Read pokerstrategy articles and watch videos
      *Improve English knowledge
      *Keep this blog alive

Aditional information:

Poker room: Ladbrokes
      Poker tool: Holdem manager
      Current bankroll: €38.64
      Current limit: NL2
  • 7 replies
    • rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze
      Hey ho :D D grinding ALL the way :D
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by niekaszzz
      *Don't have any negative profit days
      Throw this one out the window and never think of it again! It's only because you can't control money goals in short time, you can run really cold and get beat after beat and you will just beat yourself playing on tilt trying to scrape in profit for the day. Focus on the goal that you actually can do which is play 4h
    • rap1dw1n3r
      rap1dw1n3r
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Krishjanis
      Throw this one out the window and never think of it again! It's only because you can't control money goals in short time, you can run really cold and get beat after beat and you will just beat yourself playing on tilt trying to scrape in profit for the day. Focus on the goal that you actually can do which is play 4h
      For the lower stakes it is possible :) later on yeh you just can't avoid those :)
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rap1dw1n3r
      For the lower stakes it is possible :) later on yeh you just can't avoid those :)
      No way. Rake at lowest stakes kill lots of the "big" edge you'd normally have on your opponents so even w high daily volume you'll have negative days imo.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Welcome to our Blogging section!

Glad to see you've got some solid and structured goals set up already!

I'm tempted to agree with most previous posts, the rake in micros can be brutal, and it's possibly not the best idea to force yourself to push massive volume if you can't play your best game while chasing a "non-loss day" just for the sake of it. Maybe "No weeks without profit" is a better approach?

Anyway, best of luck reaching your goals!

Regards,
      Richard
    • niekaszzz
      niekaszzz
      Bronze
      I m edited it. First good advice in this blog, thank you :D
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      I m edited it. First good advice in this blog, thank you :D
      Hi Niekaszz

First I want to wish you the best of luck on the tables!

But tbh Toss the edit out the window as well. I wouldn't set goals about winning/losing. If you do i would set something like play at least 10bb/100hands before I move to the next limit. You can have a serious swing and then you tilt to get into profit for the week.

Just my 2c

Regards
      RasTweet