This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 99 Nl4 Sh

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Holdem
      PartyPoker
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Both players are unknowns.

Pre: Do you prefer a squeeze here? I can win immediately and would play 3b/fold without further reads that villain would raise/broke with weaker pairs.

Flop: what do you think about donking the flop. I figure c/rai is possible but makes it more expensive if my opponent decides to flat or 3b and I think villain is only really continuing with better.

I felt that donking the flop gives villain the opportunity to call down with 7x, 88 and other draws, maybe some random floats.

I dont like c/c since I give my opponent a cheap turn and I dont charge weaker hands and draws.

Turn: not a great turn since 68 and 36 get there and I can obviously be behind already vs 2pr and sets but I think I can still bet for value from from weaker pairs and draws and fold to any aggression with a hand that is already as strong as it will get.....unless....

River: not really sure whether c/c, b/c or b/f is best here. I would expect to see a raise on the flop/turn with straights, sets and 2pr. So I don't think villain will be strong enough to call a bet here very often, but I don't want to see a check behind here with a 7x either. Similarly I dont know if villain is capable of bluffing missed draws so I can hardly c/c to bluff induce.

Stacks:
      UTG ($3.05)
      CO ($4.87)
      BTN ($3.94)
      Muel294 (SB) ($4)
      BB ($3.96)

Pre-Flop: ($0.06, 5 players) Muel294 is SB 9:heart: 9:club:
      UTG raises to $0.12, CO calls $0.12, 1 fold, Muel294 calls $0.10, 1 fold

Flop: 2:heart: 7:heart: 5:diamond: ($0.40, 3 players)
      Muel294 bets $0.25, UTG folds, CO calls $0.25

Turn: 4:spade: ($0.90, 2 players)
      Muel294 bets $0.57, CO calls $0.57

River: 9:diamond: ($2.04, 2 players)
      Muel294 bets $1.29, CO folds

Final Pot: $2.04

Muel294 wins $4.52 (net +$2.29)

UTG lost $0.12
      CO lost $0.94
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

Preflop: No need to squeeze, we are getting good odds for set mining? :) Why should we squeeze/fold such a strong hand?

As played
      Postflop: You should definitely bet bigger on the flop & turn. :)

Best Regards.