BSS: when to leave a table?

• holaboo
      holaboo
      Bronze
      Hey guys, I've read in the SSS section that when you have 25BB u should leave the table and rebuy when you only have 15BB.

I know BSS is alot more complicated but is there a similar estimated value for Sit out and rebuy amounts?
  • 9 replies
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      rebuy asap to have 100bb, leave the table whenever you don't feel comfortable with all the cash, but generally you shouldn't leave if the table is good
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      I tend to leave when I have 150BB or more. Otherwise I will play like a chicken (and lose).
    • LMOJ
      LMOJ
      Bronze
      Playing with too deep of an stack, where there are other players as deep stacked as you, feels a lot like playing a limit which is too much for your bankroll.

I'll never forget that evening, when a very brutal maniac took the 500 BB I was sitting with. He was pushing preflop with any two and I had QQ, so of course I called. If I'd gone away before that happened, my bankroll would have increased a 20%.

Whatever, life is hard.
    • Duane317
      Duane317
      Bronze
      In my opinion, the fact you've gotten that much money from that table means that you're probably one of the better players... so stay and get as much money as u can... and i think having a big big stack has some advantages with regards to image... i think your bets mean more to some... well, thats just my opinion :)
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      general deal is stay until you get to the point where you're playing deeper than you're used to.

so if you don't KNOW how to play 500BB deep, quit before then!

otherwise, you should be using decent enough BRM to accomodate for these sorts of swings, so stick around :) .
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      I tend to stick around until I feel uncomfortable or until there are too many other players with similarly deep stacks that I do not like playing against. If there are deepstacked fish at the table I will try to get as deep as possible myself with the ultimate goal of stacking them sooner or later.

For beginners - don't play outside your comfort zone! As soon as you notice that a too deep stack is making you play suboptimally - leave the table, and play with your regular stack size :)

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • Pacer357
      Pacer357
      Bronze
      I say that if you play to deep you are not following BRM. If you play NL100 with a 350BB stack and there are players that have you covered, say you have a 2000BB roll you are playing for 17,5% of your roll. And that is way to much, even fish win big pots from time to time. (you should have a bigger roll for NL100 but I'm just setting an example)
    • bckdrflush
      bckdrflush
      Bronze
      One guideline is Chris Ferguson's BRM that says when your stack reaches 10% of your bankroll you should leave the cash game.. from an article on the web:

'Starting with zero dollars in his account... he got his account all the way up to 10000 dollars using a strict bankroll management system. This goes to show that with proper bankroll management anything is possible.

Chris started off playing in free rolls that had 2700 people and paid something ridiculously low to the top 27. He built his roll up to about 6 dollars using these. He had a strict set of rules once he achieved an actual balance. He would never buy into any game that was more than 5% of his total bankroll unless it was $1. If at any time in a cash game he had more than 10% of his total roll on the table, he left the game. Chris ended up taking second in the tournament aptly named the Ferguson. This boosted his roll into 3 figures. From here Chris never looked back.

Even with a decent sized roll Chris never, ever broke his rules. He grinded it out at the lowest levels. When he was eventually able to play in the higher games it was that much sweeter for him. What is amazing about this feat is that he had done it once before, turning 1 dollar into 20000!'
    • CimkoPro
      CimkoPro
      Bronze
      but chris was playing sss well not sss but something similar to it he buyin with 25BB and that 25 BBs were 5% of his bankroll and waited to dobule up and leave then table its sss in his way :)