This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Interesting hands from 04/30 SSS Adv. Coaching

• xarry2
      xarry2
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)        
      Position:
      Stack
      BU:
      $956
      Hero:
      $275

5/10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K:heart: , K:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $40.00, 4 folds, BU calls $40.00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($95.00) 6:heart: , J:club: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $60, BU calls $60.00.

Turn: ($215.00) 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $70, Hero raises to $175.00 (All-In), BU calls $105.00.

River: ($565.00) 2:spade:

Final Pot: $565.00

further BU stats: fold to cbet 54%, turn aggression 3.7

Preflop I raise my Kings and I get called by the loose BU. Flop cbet is standard play. After the flopcall my opponent will still have a big range of hands since he doesn't fold to a cbet very often. Moreover he could try to float me.
      If I push now BU will fold many worse hands. Since the board is quite dry this is a perfect spot for a c/r all-in. I give BU the opportunity to make a bet with many marginal hands or pure bluffs that would have otherwise folded. Of course BU should be aggressive so that I don't give freecards to often. But even if it's not a big problem since there aren't so many outs against me. As always when we deviate from our standard line it should be well deceived. A check on the turn symbolizes (AQ) or AK which make up the biggest part of our UTG open raising range - and it looks like we have given up the hand which will motivate our opponent to make a bet even more.

Usually I don't post results but here we have a very decent outcome which shows what our deviation can do. I can't imagine that he would have called my push with this hand.

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BU shows [ Tc, Ts ] a pair of Tens
      Hero shows [ Kh, Kc ] a pair of Kings
      Hero wins $562 USD with a pair of Kings.

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)          
      keine.

1/2 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:spade: , J:club:
      UTG calls $2.00, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 raises to $9.00, MP1 calls $9.00, 4 folds, SB calls $8.00, Hero raises to $34.00 (All-In), UTG folds, UTG+2 raises to $41.60 (All-In), MP1 folds, SB calls $32.60.

Flop: ($128.20) 4:spade: , 7:diamond: , K:club:
      Turn: ($128.20) 6:heart:
      River: ($128.20) Q:spade:

Final Pot: $128.20

UTG+2 is a SSSP. However I think that we have a profitable reraise here due to the dead money. Many shorties on higher limits deviate from the SHC - even in UTG. Thats why I would give him either TT+,AK or even TT+, AQ+.

Our EV if he calls our push with 100% (TT+,AK) is:

EV = 56$*0.432 - 32$*0.568 = ~ 6$

Our EV if he calls our push with 100% (TT+,AQ) is:

EV = 56$*0.468 - 32$*0.532 = ~ 9.2$

Even with rake both situations stay +EV. If UTG2 folds some hands we will also make good profit through the dead money which is already in the pot. If other players call the ALL-In it gets even better since they won't have a better hand than ours (QQ+) very often. It is of course key that UTG2 raises looser than JJ+, AK and that there's so much dead money.
      In order to proove the range you can take a look at your pokertracker database (position stats) and analyze your opponents. Just take a look at the hands they play from UTG and make a note about their range.
  • 1 reply