[NL2-NL10] Interesting hands from 04/30 SSS Adv. Coaching

• xarry2
      xarry2
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)        
      Position:
      Stack
      BU:
      $956
      Hero:
      $275

5/10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K:heart: , K:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $40.00, 4 folds, BU calls $40.00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($95.00) 6:heart: , J:club: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $60, BU calls $60.00.

Turn: ($215.00) 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $70, Hero raises to $175.00 (All-In), BU calls $105.00.

River: ($565.00) 2:spade:

Final Pot: $565.00

further BU stats: fold to cbet 54%, turn aggression 3.7

Preflop I raise my Kings and I get called by the loose BU. Flop cbet is standard play. After the flopcall my opponent will still have a big range of hands since he doesn't fold to a cbet very often. Moreover he could try to float me.
      If I push now BU will fold many worse hands. Since the board is quite dry this is a perfect spot for a c/r all-in. I give BU the opportunity to make a bet with many marginal hands or pure bluffs that would have otherwise folded. Of course BU should be aggressive so that I don't give freecards to often. But even if it's not a big problem since there aren't so many outs against me. As always when we deviate from our standard line it should be well deceived. A check on the turn symbolizes (AQ) or AK which make up the biggest part of our UTG open raising range - and it looks like we have given up the hand which will motivate our opponent to make a bet even more.

Usually I don't post results but here we have a very decent outcome which shows what our deviation can do. I can't imagine that he would have called my push with this hand.

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BU shows [ Tc, Ts ] a pair of Tens
      Hero shows [ Kh, Kc ] a pair of Kings
      Hero wins $562 USD with a pair of Kings.

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)          
      keine.

1/2 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:spade: , J:club:
      UTG calls $2.00, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 raises to $9.00, MP1 calls $9.00, 4 folds, SB calls $8.00, Hero raises to $34.00 (All-In), UTG folds, UTG+2 raises to $41.60 (All-In), MP1 folds, SB calls $32.60.

Flop: ($128.20) 4:spade: , 7:diamond: , K:club:
      Turn: ($128.20) 6:heart:
      River: ($128.20) Q:spade:

Final Pot: $128.20

UTG+2 is a SSSP. However I think that we have a profitable reraise here due to the dead money. Many shorties on higher limits deviate from the SHC - even in UTG. Thats why I would give him either TT+,AK or even TT+, AQ+.

Our EV if he calls our push with 100% (TT+,AK) is:

EV = 56$*0.432 - 32$*0.568 = ~ 6$

Our EV if he calls our push with 100% (TT+,AQ) is:

EV = 56$*0.468 - 32$*0.532 = ~ 9.2$

Even with rake both situations stay +EV. If UTG2 folds some hands we will also make good profit through the dead money which is already in the pot. If other players call the ALL-In it gets even better since they won't have a better hand than ours (QQ+) very often. It is of course key that UTG2 raises looser than JJ+, AK and that there's so much dead money.
      In order to proove the range you can take a look at your pokertracker database (position stats) and analyze your opponents. Just take a look at the hands they play from UTG and make a note about their range.
  • 1 reply