doing the mega grinding

• grindtolive
      grindtolive
      Global
      Currently i am playing 220 tables in an 22 inch monitor.I think it is very decent because i dont see clear the stack sizes.My goal is to play 30 tables in a space of 2 months.I am looking into buying a new monitor so i can see the graphics better.I am thinking to buy a 32 inch tv monitor so i can play 30 tables comfortably..What characteristics should the monitor have?How could ii know if my pc would be able to sustain 30 tables with this monitor?Will a 27 inch monitor do a good job too or should i buy a 32?

Recently i did an eye surgery and i write blindly.I hope i didnt make too many mistkaes?
  • 11 replies
    • redkillaa
      redkillaa
      Bronze
      wow.. 220?

here comes the new rs03rs03! :P
    • carrapa
      carrapa
      Bronze
      I think he meant 20 tables :D
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Tell us a bit more about your current monitor and your setup. What is your monitor's resolution? How big are your tables? Are they the default size and you have them stacked or the tables are really small and you have them tiled?
    • grindtolive
      grindtolive
      Global
      yeah i mean 20 tables.I play tile with the defualt size of pokerstars
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      hey, a 32" monitor is going to be the sweet spot. This will let you tile 12 tables. Then all you need to do is get more monitors if you want :) .

I also recommend getting a copy of xpadder and tableninja. This will let you map tableninja hotkeys (u can also use AHK script instead if you prefer) to a game pad. Saves a lot of time you would spend moving mouse around screen.

This let me go from 9 tabling to 20 tabling MTSNGs when I was doing it. 30 tabling is totally possible aswell, although it would be outside my own comfort zone. good luck!
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      So you basically have 20 tables overlapping each other with the default size. So what I assume is you want more screen space to add more tables. First thing 32" TV doesn't mean you will have more space to put the tables, yes the size is bigger but not the resolution. The pixels will be bigger so the tables won't be so crisp and you will have to sit further back so the numbers don't look all pixelated. To get more screen space you need bigger resolution. Some 22" monitors have 1920x1080 resolution and good 30+" TV's will have the same resolution and the only difference is that the TV's pixels will be bigger and you will be able to sit further back, but if you want to sit closer you will have to move your head around way more because of the large screen size and you might even notice individual pixels. Basically going for TV would be the only option if you want to play on it sitting far away. A lot of people use dual monitor setup with 24" monitors with 1920x1200 resolution, another choice is 27" monitor with 2560x1440 or even 30" 2560x1600 but those monitors are beast and they are expensive but you get a lot of screenspace if you want one monitor, of course the dual setup will have more pixels so more screen space where to put tables so they don't overlap.
      You can also just google "online poker setups" or something similar and see pictures of what people use.
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by conall88
      hey, a 32" monitor is going to be the sweet spot. This will let you tile 12 tables. Then all you need to do is get more monitors if you want :) .
      32" is big and it will have 1920x1080 resolution the same you could achieve with 24" so it's better to have the smaller one because really you gonna add more 32"? You will break your neck turning your head constantly.
      Originally posted by conall88
      I also recommend getting a copy of xpadder and tableninja. This will let you map tableninja hotkeys (u can also use AHK script instead if you prefer) to a game pad. Saves a lot of time you would spend moving mouse around screen.
      You no longer need Xpadder, Table ninja built in game pad support.
    • grindtolive
      grindtolive
      Global
      So you claim a 24 inch a 27 inch and a 32 inch monitor will have the same space if they have the same resolution?For example if a 24 inch monitor will have at max 25 tables without overlapping then the 27 and 32 will have 25 tables at max if they have the same resolution?So if i want to add 5 more tables and have 30 total in the 32,i have to overlap as i would do in the 24 inch?
    • VladimirN
      VladimirN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by grindtolive
      So you claim a 24 inch a 27 inch and a 32 inch monitor will have the same space if they have the same resolution?For example if a 24 inch monitor will have at max 25 tables without overlapping then the 27 and 32 will have 25 tables at max if they have the same resolution?So if i want to add 5 more tables and have 30 total in the 32,i have to overlap as i would do in the 24 inch?
      It's like having a bigger TV, picture just gets stretched.
      Unless of course, bigger monitor allows for bigger resolution.
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by grindtolive
      Exactly! You got the point I was trying to make. The only reason why you would ever want to go for a TV is if you are really having trouble seeing the smaller pixels. In all other ways 24-27" is better because you don't have to move your eyes around that much because it's smaller and if you ever wanted to add another monitor you wouldn't also have to turn your head that much to cover the length of both monitors combined.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      I personally have 4 stacks of overlapped tables while playing, and use tableninja to cycle each stack if need be, or bring tables requiring action urgently to front. works a dream.

I have stars and TN setup to remember positions of stacks, so it owns.