Improving non-showdown winnings

• 7 replies
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi Cylindrus

Could you say what type of poker you are playing? PLO, NLHE...

I'm playing NLHE and yes my non-showdown winnings are on the southside as well. Don't worry to much about that, most of us are loosing in our non-showdownwinnings.
      It is possible though to win, but then you need to play very aggressive poker and win bigger post without going to a showdown. And that is quiet hard!

Best of luck on the tables!

RasTweet
    • Cylindrus
      Cylindrus
      Bronze
      Thanks for the quick reply. I´m playing NLHE Fullring. Only on NL2 though...
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      i wouldn't even bother to think about nsd at nl 0.2
      wait till you move up a few levels were you will play vs oponents who are capable of folding hands. and as you are just continue betting for value
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      On NL2 forget about your non showdown line. Your profit on NL2 comes from fish not folding when you are value betting your strong hands. You can throw in a few bluffs but only vs people that you have reads on and you know they will fold.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Contrary to popular beliefs, in order to improve your non-showdown winnings you don't have to bluff people of hands. :D

You just have to make sure you value bet thinly enough and throw people off air. The second part is harder because you need to know how much air they have in their range and you need to be OK at hand reading the fish. First part is easy: if they keep calling, value bet your good second pair with good kicker, value bet your marginal top pair, value bet small (even minbet) 3rd pair when it's been checked down and opponent can't have any sort of hand better than yours.
    • slipkn6t
      slipkn6t
      Bronze
      I had the opposite problem on nl2 lol
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      Guess at the highstakes it matters a lot more than lower or is just simply easier.