Choosing the right Poker Room for you!

• GodSaveOurQueen
      GodSaveOurQueen
      Basic
      Hello, what I need to know about joining a new poker site is this:

I need to join one where I don't have to register a credit card. This is true of William Hill, but I am already a member there so I believe i'm correct by saying I can't use my $50 starting capital (thanks by the way for that) there?

Also I don't have the paypal or anything like that, and use William Hills quickcash facility for both payment and cashing out.

Are there any out there, but I also want it to be a top site.
  • 5 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi GodSaveOurQueen,

Welcome to our community!

You can take a look at this page and see all available free $50 poker rooms. Let me know if you need any additional information.

Payment method can be easily checked if you click on the actual poker room website FAQ page and view payment methods.

Ingrid
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi GodSaveOurQueen

With the link IngridN gave you, you can see which rooms are available for your free $50. You are right that you can't get your free $50 because you already have an account there. But there aer many other rooms!

I think you misunderstood us earlier. You don't have to make a thread with the name "Choosing the right poker room for you" But there is a thread called like that. In that thread you answer some basic question (what games you play, what limits...) and then someone will answer you post and tell you which poker room suits you best and why.
      Link to the thread: Choosing the right poker room for you.

Best of luck on the tables!

RasTweet
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      Hey there, I need a slight bit more info ...... using the quickcash service are you going directly into the william hill shops to top up your account, or using your bank debit card.

If it is option 1(depositing directly with the shop) then I think william hill is the only room you can do that with.

But to get the free 10 dollar installments up to 50 dollars, you do not need to deposit, this does not factor into the equation and will not effect whether you can join. What you do need to do is pass the ID test and question test and select the room.

Now if it is a debit card option 2, and you are worried about being able to top up your account when it goes low here is what I know. Banks usually join with certain groups to oversee their online transactions, such as visa.

If your card has a visa sign or a known brand that is also listed on the poker rooms website you can indeed deposit with them :)

But it is not the end of the line if your debit card is not partnered with visa or mastercard etc, you can always apply for a online debit mastercard etc online and link it to your account.

For example moneybookers. Did the best I could with the info given.

Take care.
    • GodSaveOurQueen
      GodSaveOurQueen
      Basic
      hello, great quick response, appreciated mucho :diamond:

So yes, I am on option 1, direct from the shop, and I was pretty much certain this was the only cardroom online I could do this with, although obviously can have the odd bet on the g.g's as well!

RasTweet (cool name by the way), sorry about the thread title, not sure how that happened as I didn't insert a title ?( :)

So now I must ask, I have no debit card or anything like that, but I can use my mothers card, she has one. Is this allowed?

Because I have tried to register previously with other card rooms, this is how I know I can't, because they always ask for credit cards or the paypal thing-a-me-jig

Also this ID testy and question test, I shall look at that, but will I be allowed without my own card, I do hope so!
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      If you get permission from the persons card you are using and they understand what it is for. Then I see no problem as long as you enter the details correctly.

But please be aware what I said about debit cards having the correct symbol corresponding to a payment method accepted by the cardroom.

In the long run you are better off to go with moneybookers or something of that nature, or get a top up debit card such as master card that can bw linked to your bank account.

Take Care