[NL20-NL50] NL25 Zoom: Turned nut flush v flop c/r on paired board

• jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      No hands on Villain. I've had some success 3betting a c/r on paired flops with air as people seem to be full of shit a large proportion of the time, but since I have the fd and two overcards a call seemed in order. On the turn, since I have A :spade: I decided to call, as I'm either way ahead or way behind. If he has trips he has 10 outs = 20% equity, I crush his smaller flushes and am crushed by his full houses. When he checks the river, something really strange happened. I thought, 'Well I will bet/fold here to try to get him to call with trips', so I bet, he c/r all in, and my right hand, with no apparent conscious control from my brain, clicked the call button. I was completely freaked out (Seriously. I'm not joking.)

Apart from the paranormal activity in my right hand, did I butcher this?

PokerStars - $0.25 NL (6 max) ZOOM - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): $28.27
      SB: $25.00
      BB: $29.74
      UTG: $10.99
      MP: $31.55
      CO: $25.00

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has A:spade: T:spade:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.62, fold, BB calls $0.37

Flop: ($1.34, 2 players) 3:heart: 6:spade: 3:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.90, BB raises to $2.46, Hero calls $1.56

Turn: ($6.26, 2 players) J:spade:
      BB bets $4.19, Hero calls $4.19

River: ($14.64, 2 players) Q:club:
      BB checks, Hero bets $7.00, BB raises to $22.47 and is all-in, Hero calls $14.00 and is all-in
  • 5 replies
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      I dont fold when people rep super narrow ranges.

We lose to 3 combos, who the hell check raises 66 on this flop anyway! We only need 30% to call. So basically we have to find 1 combo of worse for value to break even.

Its a FML call though!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jbpatzer,

Whatever it is, I doubt that you are getting away on the river anyways. While he could easily even have some worse flushes there. :( I am not really scared of 66 there but I am rather scared of JJ/QQ. :P

Best Regards.
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Only a fuckwit would play 66 that way, but that's what they had. Thanks chaps.
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      just feel confident in the fact his line is dreadful.

His river line is especially bad considering he only ever stacks a flush. I bet you check back most of your non flush hands on the river.

Even worse, his line is actually going to be a value cut by him a lot too. If you consider your river betting range is flushes and JJ-QQ most of the time.
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CallumN
      just feel confident in the fact his line is dreadful.

His river line is especially bad considering he only ever stacks a flush. I bet you check back most of your non flush hands on the river.

Even worse, his line is actually going to be a value cut by him a lot too. If you consider your river betting range is flushes and JJ-QQ most of the time.
      Well, it doesn't make me feel much better. I seem to get into loads of spots where Villain takes some weird line that ends up with them making a huge, baffling river bet that reps a very narrow range, which I call down and they have it. There are some other examples in my blog, and everyone says, 'well, you have to call there, it's often random spazz, and they rep such a narrow range and, yadda, yadda', but I'm starting to think that, at least at NL25, weird line + big bet = nuts, even if there's only about 4 combos that beat me.

Here endeth the rant. Now I feel better. A bit.