This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 7s7c against loose

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP2: $1.16 (58 bb)
      MP3: $5.84 (292 bb)
      CO: $2.05 (102.5 bb)
      BTN: $0.97 (48.5 bb)
      SB: $0.94 (47 bb)
      BB: $5 (250 bb)
      UTG+1: $1.60 (80 bb)
      Hero (UTG+2): $2.12 (106 bb)
      MP1: $1.60 (80 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 7 7
      UTG+1 folds, Hero calls $0.02, 5 folds, SB completes, BB checks

Flop: ($0.06) 4 6 6 (3 players)
      SB bets $0.03, BB folds, Hero raises to $0.11, SB calls $0.08

Turn: ($0.28) A (2 players)
      SB bets $0.14, Hero calls $0.14

River: ($0.56) 2 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.67, Hero calls $0.67

I have no idea what actually happend here, he was playing so weird I didn't know what to do :P
      As loose he was he could have had anything, I was thinking he was bluffing on the river, really didn't make sense to me to play that range even for a fish :P

I'm guessing I should never had gotten into the situation of calling :)

Should I have raised higher, i'm thinking he would just call call call, the ace kinda got me worried, so properly shouldn't have called on the turn nor the river, just had a feeling he didn't have anything, don't ask me why :P

How should I act against such a loose player next time just fold the two pairs, and wait for something better?

(Name) | WTSD% (When Saw Flop) | WonSD% | Total Hands
      | TOT VPIP | TOT PFR | TOT Steal | TOT 3Bet
      | Postflop Aggression Factor | Flop CBet | Flop Fold to CB | Turn CBet

• 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Resilence,

The Call/Call is definitely one of the worst plays. What do you expect to beat on the river? After even a FD completes. :f_cry:

Most likely I would be towards just folding my hand on the turn and let it be to avoid exactly such a spot where you hero-call.

Also if you have trouble playing those hands then rather play for pot control and if they keep firing then just give up on turn.

Best Regards.
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Atleast I was right, he was bluffing all the way, but on the river he got a straight, never thought anyone would play like that :P
      Guess I learned the hard way (next time I'll bluff with 3 :spade: 5 :heart:) :P

But yeah I gave him good odds stupid me playing this FD the ace etc.