[NL2-NL10] NL2 JcTc

• Resilence
      IPoker, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 7 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $2.12 (106 bb)
      MP1: $2.18 (109 bb)
      MP2: $4.93 (246.5 bb)
      MP3: $0.97 (48.5 bb)
      Hero (CO): $2.10 (105 bb)
      BTN: $5.02 (251 bb)
      SB: $2.74 (137 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T J
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, BTN folds, SB raises to $0.18, BB folds, Hero calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.38) J J K (2 players)
      SB bets $0.38, Hero calls $0.38

Turn: ($1.14) 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.14, Hero calls $1.14

River: ($3.42) Q (2 players)
      SB bets $0.02, Hero raises to $0.08, SB raises to $1.04 and is all-in, Hero calls $0.32 and is all-in

Should I bet on the flop, or is it ok to call with three jacks?
      Should I have folded on river?
      I really liked thoese jacks, I never got a hand all day, so this was it! :)
      Thought it was ok to call hm down, but ofcouse I didn't have much reading on the guy.

(Name) | WTSD% (When Saw Flop) | WonSD% | Total Hands
      | TOT VPIP | TOT PFR | TOT Steal | TOT 3Bet
      | Postflop Aggression Factor | Flop CBet | Flop Fold to CB | Turn CBet
  • 4 replies
    • muel294
      Pre: personally I prefer to fold pre without further reads IMO (unless you have specifically seen villain had been getting out of line with 3b's). I like to assume that villain is 3b'ing for for value until I know otherwise:

Equity     Win     Tie
      CO     33.67%  33.28%   0.39% { JcTc }
      SB     66.33%  65.95%   0.39% { 99+, AJs+, KQs, AJo+ }

Even if we throw in a few preflop semi-bluffs:

Equity     Win     Tie
      CO     41.70%  40.30%   1.40% { JcTc }
      SB     58.30%  56.90%   1.40% { 22+, ATs+, KJs+, QJs, JTs, T9s, 98s, 87s, AJo+ }

However, since it is possible that villain 3b's our BU steals lighter and we have position. I still think we can play our good drawing hand profitablyby just calling.

Flop: I don't think it is a question of whether we want to go broke or not, more how we can get the money in the middle. We can't really ask for much more from the flop than this.

I also think villains bet sizing indicates a hand looking to bet for protection and value on such a draw heavy board.

Therefore either raise/broke on the flop vs weaker KX, draws and maybe AA. Or raise/broke on safe turns, such as the one in this example. If he has us beat then it is a bit of a cooler.

Im not sure whether I prefer calling the flop since I wouldn't expect villain to have too many draws in his range, maybe some A :diamond: X :diamond: or 78+ :diamond:

if something like a :diamond: does fall then it might kill our action / de-value our hand, and also if villain wont call a raise on the flop he probably doesnt have anything worth investing again on the turn unless he decides to bluff it off.

in conclusion
      :spade: fold pre IMO
      :heart: As played, nice hand, raise/broke flop or turn...fistpump get the monies in and punch your computer if you have been coolered
      :diamond: dont fold postflop IMO
    • veriz
      Hello Resilence,

Preflop: Yep, rather fold it preflop while you most likely ain't that confident in your game like what to do postflop.

As played
      Postflop: Seems to be fine, but you can as well just ship the turn. :D No need to Call there down anymore, if he has any kind of hand he is willing to pay anyways. And as played ship river? :O

Best Regards.
    • Resilence
      I guess you mean I should fold it to the raise?

And I'll try to remember not to do fancy stuff on this level, was just sure to win here :P
      Equity was with me, all the way to the river.
      I'll be more aggressive on turn.

I'm guessing you already knew what he had, being so awesome you are :P
      If you are interested.
      T :spade: 9 :spade:

Was just like this all day they got their damn missing card on river, so yeah I deffenetly need to be more aggressive on turn I suppose.

I can also see that my play has been rather poor the next day, guess I was tilting, thats what you get if your first hand is KK and you loose it all in vs 55 :P
      Hadn't even started yet, and felt it was going to happen, just hard to stop playing when you loose so much in your first hand :P
    • veriz
      Yes, I was talking about you should be folding to the 3bet preflop.