[NL2-NL10] Very bad played QQ

• jleonra
      jleonra
      Bronze
      Ok, not my proudest moment, i was just very tired after a long work day and although i had only played 2h, it was 11pm my time :P

Should i fold QQ pre after a 5x raise? from playing sngs i really feel very unconfortable going all in pre with anything other than AA, i can't count how many times i've lost with KK, QQ, JJ vs raggy Aces.

and then the whole hand was just me giving my money away xD

PokerStars - $0.02 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BB: $1.05
      UTG: $3.00
      Hero (UTG+1): $2.82
      MP: $0.98
      MP+1: $0.87
      CO: $1.95
      BTN: $4.02
      SB: $0.87

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has Q:heart: Q:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.05, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.25, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.53, 2 players) 8:spade: 8:club: 9:spade:
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.33, Hero calls $0.33

Turn: ($1.19, 2 players) 6:heart:
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($1.19, 2 players) A:club:
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.37 and is all-in, fold

CO wins $1.15

But meh, i still managed a winning session in the end, but would have been $0.5 better xD
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jleonra,

Preflop: Raise it 4xBB. Vs not even a full stack I guess you could even go broke -> which indicates rather bad player. Plus your raise was only 2,5x.

As played
      Postflop: Well, if you calling the flop then what's your plan on the turn if he bets again? Also you are giving away him free cards but of course on the river not much to do.

Best Regards.
    • jleonra
      jleonra
      Bronze
      well the plan was to call down to a showdown if no A,K came. I thought about raising the flop, but if he shoves i would of fold and so i opted for check call all the way to the river unimproved.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by jleonra
      well the plan was to call down to a showdown if no A,K came. I thought about raising the flop, but if he shoves i would of fold and so i opted for check call all the way to the river unimproved.
      Raising wouldn't make sense, if you raise then it's for value and we also planning to go broke.