This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

=== PokerStars WSOP 2012 ===

• MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze

Win Your WSOP Seat Now!

The WSOP Main Event is the largest and most prestigious poker tournament in the world. You can win a $13,000 package to travel to Vegas and become the next Pius Heinz, who last year defeated thousands to win over $8.7 million.

The PokerStars Main Event package includes:

- $10,000 WSOP Main Event buy-in
      - $3,000 travel/accommodation expenses
      Please note you must arrange your own tournament registration, travel and accommodation

How Do I Qualify?

PokerStars Steps Sit & Go Tournaments are an easy way to progress to a $13,000 package without risking a huge chunk of your bankroll. These tournaments begin with a buy-in of just a few FPPs. The cash tournaments, which play 9-handed, begin with a buy-in of $7.50 (Step 1) all the way up to $2,100 (Step 6).

The easy payout structure allows you to progress steadily up the steps until you win your $13,000 Main Event package:

1st - 2nd place: Ticket to next Step SnG
      3rd place: Ticket to current Step SnG
      4th - 5th place: Ticket to previous Step SnG
      6th place: Ticket to step before previous Step SnG

For example, in the case of Step 4 ($215 buy-in), the top two finishers would progress to the Step 5 ($700 buy-in), third place would receive a $215 Step 4 ticket, fourth and fifth would receive a Step 3 ($75) ticket and sixth would receive a Step 2 ($27) ticket.

The PokerStars terms and conditions apply to this and all other WSOP qualification routes.

Please note you must be 21 years old to play in Las Vegas.
  • 9 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Good luck guys! Shiiiiiiiiip it!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Gonna give these a bash for sure!
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Hmm, worth considering for sure..
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Mod party in Vegas ldo!
    • mirasss
      mirasss
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MJPerry
      Please note you must arrange your own tournament registration, travel and accommodation
      So you get a 13k$ on PokerStars account ? And you do not have to go to Vegas ?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi mirasss,

It is probably best to contact PokerStars support for their official answer on this :)

Can you please relay what they reply so other members can know for the future.

Best regards,
      Gary
    • mirasss
      mirasss
      Bronze
      I found answer in WSOP faq on pokerstars site:

Q:
      I understand that if I choose a WSOP* package that you will not buy me into the event, but will simply deposit the $10,000 (plus $3,000 for travel expenses) into my PokerStars account. Is this correct?

A:
      Yes. Your entry fee and $3,000 for travel expenses will be deposited. You will be responsible for making all flight and hotel arrangements.

Q:
      Can I just leave the money on PokerStars and use it to play in games and tournaments?

A:
      Absolutely - you're welcome to leave the money on PokerStars.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thank you mirasss :)
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mirasss
      Originally posted by MJPerry
      So you get a 13k$ on PokerStars account ? And you do not have to go to Vegas ?
      Hey mirassss,

That is the case. $13,000 will be deposited to your PokerStars account, meaning that you have to register for the Main Event and book your travel/hotel yourself.

This does of course leave you the option of leaving $13,000 on PokerStars or cashing out, but wouldn't you rather win the Main Event? :s_cool:

EDIT: Damn, you're speedy! You beat me to it and now I look silly :D