Weekly Poll: Have you ever played Omaha?

• Poll
    • Have you ever played Omaha?

Yes, and I plan on playing more
        53%
        Not yet, but I will play it soon
        20%
        No and I am not interested
        14%
        Yes I have, but I didn´t like it
        13%
      Total: 106 Votes
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Omaha is surely one of the most interesting variants of poker, but also it's quite hard to master. Due to the launch of the Omaha section we would like to know if you ever played Omaha. Maybe our new section gave you the impulse to give it a try? If not, will you start playing Omaha in the future?

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
  • 7 replies
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      I haven't played it with real money yet, but definitely with play money, and I like it. It's really like NL on steroids, twice the fun. :D

But it's also such a draw heavy game that you often get sucked out on the river. >_<
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      Not yet but i'm definitly going to try it, it sounds like hella fun.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Never for real money, but I will give it a try... But before I want to "master" Hold'em :)
    • lordnex
      lordnex
      Bronze
      You are missing one option up there "Yes, accidentally" :D
      I've forgot to turn on the filters and registered by mistake for Omaha tournament. You can imagine my shock when I was dealt four cards. To make it worse it was a Hi/Lo version. I tried to make the best of it, quickly looked up the rules and basic guidelines, even won a couple of pots, but still finished 5th out of 6 people...

... anyway, I'm planning to give Omaha a shot, but don't think it will be soon.

Originally posted by CoreySteel
      ...before I want to "master" Hold'em :)
      +1
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lordnex
      I've forgot to turn on the filters and registered by mistake for Omaha tournament. You can imagine my shock when I was dealt four cards. To make it worse it was a Hi/Lo version. I tried to make the best of it, quickly looked up the rules and basic guidelines, even won a couple of pots, but still finished 5th out of 6 people...

+1

Hehe. Ive managed to accidentally register for several FL tournaments which I was then stuck in for several hours.

As for Omaha

[x] Yes, and I plan on playing more

Fun fun :)
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      Yes, I will play more. I like it!

I have watched the WSOP side games on TV. Watching the pros play Omaha is interesting.

I find there is alot of depth to the game. You better have the nut flush or high FH though if you go all in. Or nut low if it's H/L.

I love to play Omaha against rookies, I usually play PL Omaha at the cash tbls and I will play multi tbl tourneys as well. I find the regular Omaha freeroll to be the best way to get a ticket to the 1K NL Hldm at Stars (good practice too! top 99 advance!).

Why I love playing rookies at Omaha

1) they dont realize they have to play 2 cards.
      2) they think their strait is good all the time.
      3) all in when they have 3 of the same card in their hand (hold cards).
      4) if your playing just high, there are guys who think they are playing H/L $$$
      5) they think their 5 J flush high are good.

:D
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lordnex

+1
      The same happened to me. I joined Omaha sit and go and finished last and had no clue why I lost with two pairs.......As per this thread goes. No I have not played Omaha and I won't playing anywhere in the near future.

I rather make money from NL, FL and get better at 5-Card Draw