Raped by a fish with 27off.... I feel violated :'(

• noz03
      noz03
      Bronze
      I keep loosing big pots like this against stations or maniacs and wondering if I might be making the wrong decisions or not.

Normally I would have folded this on the river but this guy had 90vpip 5pfr so I thought my tptk on a very dry board would beat him... but I guess not.

Any suggestions on how I could have played this better?

Heres how it goes:

iPoker - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: $1.08
      BB: $5.32
      UTG: $3.20
      UTG+1: $1.79
      MP: $0.94
      MP+1: $2.95
      Hero (LP): $1.45
      CO: $1.67
      BTN: $2.00

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has A:club: K:club:

UTG calls $0.02, fold, fold, MP+1 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.08, MP+1 calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.33, 3 players) 7:club: 2:spade: K:diamond:
      UTG checks, MP+1 bets $0.18, Hero raises to $0.65, fold, MP+1 raises to $1.28, Hero raises to $1.35, MP+1 calls $0.07

Turn: ($3.03, 2 players) 6:club:

River: ($3.03, 2 players) J:diamond:

MP+1 shows 2:diamond: 7:spade: (Two Pair, Sevens and Twos) (Pre 30%, Flop 71%, Turn 64%)
      Hero mucks A:club: K:club: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 70%, Flop 29%, Turn 36%)
      MP+1 wins $2.83
  • 7 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      You were AI on flop, how can you fold on the river? :f_biggrin:

About the hand I think it's OK to stack off but you should reload to 100bb and play 100bb deep or more ALWAYS if you are using the BSS.

Your opponents range there does have all 2 pair since he calls any cards but it also have a lot weaker top pairs which play the same. This puts you ahead of his overall stacking off range.

Regards,
      Manu.
    • tonduluboy
      tonduluboy
      Bronze
      im just replying for the topic sake...

nowadays 72 is not a fish anymore, i see a lot of good player tend to play this hand online for the basic reason. You u want to win with 72 n humiliate your opponent (they become tilt n lose).

Sometimes i play with 72 if i have the chips.
    • conquistadorrr
      conquistadorrr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tonduluboy
      nowadays 72 is not a fish anymore, i see a lot of good player tend to play this hand online for the basic reason. You u want to win with 72 n humiliate your opponent (they become tilt n lose).

Sometimes i play with 72 if i have the chips.
      I love playing the 72! I'll even 3bet the villain and then fire on the flop, just to show him 72 when he folds. Too bad I can't see their face. :f_biggrin:

Just a note: I'm not doing that often, I pick a spot where I think I can do it successfully (72 and 72s show some profit for me when I check the stats) and also - I don't consider myself a good player. I'm an ok player who's getting better thanks to this wonderful community! :f_biggrin: :f_love:

And noz03, I don't think there's anything wrong with the way you played your hand. I wish they call your AK with 72 many more times! :f_cool:
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      I always play 72 but only suited to have flush potential.
      I love to fire on very different boards (drawy boards are the best) and show my hands when villain folds! :f_biggrin:
    • TheNapplebee
      TheNapplebee
      Platinum
      i am german so my english is like :rage:
      but i think u will beat often enough hands which will not beat your hand on this level they will get broke with any king maybe with a 7 so do not be scared because u looose one time u will win the next time so brooo do noit get mad bro ;)
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      You were AI on flop, how can you fold on the river? :f_biggrin:

now THAT would have been a tight fold
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by noz03
      I keep loosing big pots like this against stations or maniacs and wondering if I might be making the wrong decisions or not.
      How can u lose big pots shortstacking nl2?