New Zealand (AOTEAROA - THE LAND OF THE LONG WHITE CLOUD)

• chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      post here if you're from auck, maybe we arrange a get-together sometime and maybe mass storm sky city :D (or something less expensive)

EDITED CAUSE I LOVE YOU ALL (except those from the non-queenstown parts of the south island)
  • 176 replies
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      Aucklanddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
    • NBASuns
      NBASuns
      Bronze
      I myself am from Tauranga and regurally take trips up to ORCland ;]
    • OmiKell
      OmiKell
      Bronze
      From Auckland! :)
    • DerDicke82
      DerDicke82
      Bronze
      Hey

I moved from germany to NZ, now I am living in Whangarei, not so far from Auckland :-)

I am playing 2/4 FL SH

greetings Stefan
    • l33tstephy
      l33tstephy
      Bronze
      auckz4lyfe
    • fordz08
      fordz08
      Bronze
      All you jafas cant even spell poker,lol.good luck at the tables.4dz
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fordz08
      All you jafas cant even spell poker,lol.good luck at the tables.4dz
      porker

damnit, you're right! :(
    • thatscrazy
      thatscrazy
      Bronze
      im from raglan 2 hours away from aucks.
    • MikeyH
      MikeyH
      Bronze
      Wow, more than I was expecting when I clicked this thread.

Anyone play at their local pub? NPPL? Or one of the other leagues?
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      did for a while. but then it got mass boring because effectively you put up with mass retards on one table for miniscule-no stakes :( .
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      @ MikeyH: And that's just those who've seen this thread or bothered to post!

Oh, Auckland too btw :D
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      I live near Queenstown - you know, the place full of asian tourists who think they can play poker :D :D :D
    • MikeyH
      MikeyH
      Bronze
      Originally posted by chenny8888
      did for a while. but then it got mass boring because effectively you put up with mass retards on one table for miniscule-no stakes :( .
      Yeah, getting the same for me as well. However they are running a monthly cash tournament now (2 games so far) for those who win during the month (free entry). $2k prize pool paid to top 8 out of about 50 - 60 players. Was a bit higher standard of play at that game.

Unfortunately I found the second nuts were not good enough early on in the day when I played.
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      A family of Aucklanders are shopping when their 5 year old son picks up a crusaders shirt and tells his sister he wants it. His sister punches him in the stomach and sends him to his mother.
      The boy tells his mother he wants the crusaders shirt. She slaps him in the side of the head and sends him to his father.
      The boy tells his father he wants the crusaders shirt. His father kicks him in the ass and orders him to put it back.
      In the car on the way home the boys father turns to his son and asks "have you learned anything today son?"

The boy says "yeah - I have been a crusaders supporter for ten minutes and I hate you fucking jafas already."
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Pokerstrategy.com, a place where people from around the globe come together in a spirit of cooperation.. where all colours, creeds, races and religions gather to learn how to improve their poker game, and to help others do the same. Where we can all feel part of a great global community.

And this is best demonstrated in that they even allow redneck mainlanders the same opportunity despite overwhelming and obvious reasons not to. A great, great place indeed. :D
    • NakiMan
      NakiMan
      Bronze
      Auckland, that's up north somewhere isn't it? The place with all the traffic.

Energy province here.
    • DjAdolfMixer
      DjAdolfMixer
      Bronze
      Christchurch here.

Anyone here play at the recent regionals???Went out with a blaze of glory with pocket kings.

PubPoker is a very painful experience
    • monkey0nfire
      monkey0nfire
      Bronze
      im originally from hamilton but living in dunedin for uni.. used to play pub poker at the cozzie and outback, didnt go often enough to get up the ranks but got far usually :)
      Go kiwi! surprised there are so many of us on here!
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey monkeyOnfire!

Good to see another man from the 'tron mixing it up on the PS.com boards. :f_cool:

Get stuck into the strategy articles, coachings and hand evaluation forums and you'll be pwning those live games in no time I'm sure!

I've never played in the PPL but would love to get to the nationals sometime.

Best of luck fella!

GO THE CHIEFS!!! :s_biggrin: