Playing against a live player and a sitout

• Odieone
      Odieone
      Bronze
      Hi I am usually a FL player. But I throw in SnG for a bit of variety sometimes.

I have come 2nd, 3rd, and 2nd out of three times so i havent done badly plus its fun. Each time, I am faced with a live player and a sitout with a medium stack.

Two out of three times, I agreed with the other player to kick the sitout player first then we got down playing seriously after.

But the last time, the big stack kept raising and he chomped me down to pieces. in the end, I just barely made it to second place. I definitely need to look at the SHC more for SnG and read the strategies alot but whats the go with these situations. I don't want to bust out before a clone does but I don't want to fold to the big stack who is taking advantage of the situation.
  • 4 replies
    • sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      high pairs and high aces are worth the risk. once you are in the money you have to play to win and not care that much if you are 2nd or 3rd. cant help you with sitout players, have no experience with that :)

edit: ofc you must play all-in preflop with it...
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Odieone
      Hi I am usually a FL player. But I throw in SnG for a bit of variety sometimes.

I have come 2nd, 3rd, and 2nd out of three times so i havent done badly plus its fun. Each time, I am faced with a live player and a sitout with a medium stack.

Two out of three times, I agreed with the other player to kick the sitout player first then we got down playing seriously after.

this is illegal on most sites! careful next time. you guys can agree to it, but don't do it in the site's chat or else if you get reported... ban!

Originally posted by Odieone
      But the last time, the big stack kept raising and he chomped me down to pieces. in the end, I just barely made it to second place. I definitely need to look at the SHC more for SnG and read the strategies alot but whats the go with these situations. I don't want to bust out before a clone does but I don't want to fold to the big stack who is taking advantage of the situation.
      HU is about adjusting. i also raise any two cards if i find the opponent is playing too tight.

sismis is right. you should be playing for first. if you sense your opponent is playing for second, bully bully bully!
    • Odieone
      Odieone
      Bronze
      I didnt know it was illegal to do that. We wanted to be fair.

Okay I will know not to do it again.

Thanks.

sismis: Thats the problem. I was getting rags ... oh well.. next time. i will play more aggressively.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      it's only illegal if you say it in chat :)