[NL2-NL10] jj starting hand what do you think?

• romcey
      romcey
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.05 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: $5.91
      SB: $2.18
      Hero (BB): $2.05
      UTG: $2.09
      UTG+1: $6.03
      MP: $2.05
      MP+1: $6.06
      LP: $7.24
      CO: $4.91

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has J:diamond: J:heart:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.15, fold, MP+1 calls $0.15, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, MP+1 calls $0.45

Flop: ($1.37, 2 players) 5:spade: Q:diamond: A:club:
      Hero bets $0.82, MP+1 calls $0.82

Turn: ($3.01, 2 players) 9:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.63 and is all-in, MP+1 calls $0.63

River: ($4.27, 2 players) 9:heart:

Hero shows J:diamond: J:heart: (Two Pair, Jacks and Nines) (Pre 79%, Flop 90%, Turn 75%)
      MP+1 shows 6:diamond: 7:diamond: (One Pair, Nines) (Pre 21%, Flop 10%, Turn 25%)
      Hero wins $4.09
  • 12 replies
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Platinum
      Hi,

do you any reads on UTG? Does he openraise loose? If you cannot tell you should fold JJ as SHC advises you to do. But if you have a read/stats squezzing is fine.

Imo post flop play is fine vs unknown, still I would use different sizing - $0.60 on flop to induce calls from Qx and ship the rest on turn.
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      I think it's generaly not a good idea to squeeze against UTG since he's going to have strong hands most of the time but if you have reads that he's a looser player and decide to squeeze I would bet more pre flop.

When you bet around $0.75 i.g. your pot odds are better whe he decides to go broke pre flop and you can shove the flop easily in the case you get called. :f_p:
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by viccini
      I think it's generaly not a good idea to squeeze against UTG since he's going to have strong hands most of the time but if you have reads that he's a looser player and decide to squeeze I would bet more pre flop.

When you bet around $0.75 i.g. your pot odds are better whe he decides to go broke pre flop and you can shove the flop easily in the case you get called. :f_p:
      Yes I agree with Viccini here. If we cBet this small as you did on the Flop, we just have to give up loads of times. We do not beat Qx nor Ax so we only give him more money in the end if we go all-in on the Turn

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Just a question: would it be ok to flat this hand (even oop) with no infos?
    • romcey
      romcey
      Bronze
      he called my bet on the flop so for me he didn't have a A. maybe a Qx but then i still had sec pair ?
    • romcey
      romcey
      Bronze
      jacks are 77% chance of winning the hand, heads up.
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Platinum
      How could I think we beat Qx here? :f_eek: Shoving is def better.
    • romcey
      romcey
      Bronze
      shoving before the flop?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by romcey
      he called my bet on the flop so for me he didn't have a A. maybe a Qx but then i still had sec pair ?
      not every opponent raises Ax on the Flop , a lot of them call so you are still losing a lot of money longterm

What is your intention ? Play it like a set? Overpair? pairvalue?
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      What is your intention ? Play it like a set? Overpair? pairvalue?
      Most of the time pairvalue. I usually call at least one bet on the flop and fold to a second barrel, mainly if there is an overcard (when I have no info about my opponent). Is it a bad play?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I don't like it when you are multiway since you are often just giving away money with your approach since bets multiway tend to be stronger
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      I don't like it when you are multiway since you are often just giving away money with your approach since bets multiway tend to be stronger
      :f_thumbsup: thx!