[NL2-NL10] T9o NL4 4handed - session review 27/06/12

• ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      villain:53/13/3bet of 10% thru 45 hands
      This player i remember to be very tilted and very very bad. I had seen him make this play at me 4 times in a row previous to this hand on my cbets. He seemed to be picking on me, saying "come on, lets stack off." he even folded to one of my shoves earlier when he made this rediculous raise and i flopped top pair.

I was playing ~55/45/8 thru the same amount of hands.very loose and very suicidal. I figured TP+SD was fine to stack off against his range.

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL - Holdem - 4 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (UTG): $10.84
      BTN: $5.00
      SB: $7.13
      BB: $6.43

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has T:spade: 9:heart:

Hero raises to $0.08, fold, SB calls $0.06, fold

Flop: ($0.20, 2 players) 7:spade: 9:spade: 8:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.14, SB raises to $1.52, Hero raises to $10.76 and is all-in, SB calls $5.53 and is all-in

Turn: ($14.30, 2 players) T:club:

River: ($14.30, 2 players) T:heart:

SB shows 5:diamond: 6:diamond: (Straight, Ten High) (Pre 40%, Flop 66%, Turn 83%)
      Hero shows T:spade: 9:heart: (Full House, Tens full of Nines) (Pre 60%, Flop 34%, Turn 17%)
      Hero wins $13.59
  • 9 replies
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Is there a reason you only minraise pre?

Post is close but being so deep i'd fold unless i was sure of my reads. The problem is your splitting against a Tx and if you hit your straight you could be behind against QT or TJ. So not sure if your hand is good enough.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      yeah its a marginal situation at best but i was getting so sick of him making that huge raise, i thought: he cant have a hand 5 times in a row and do this each time

the reason for the loose open is because i wanted to maintain my loose image for as long as possible and also didnt want to get 3bet too big, which he was doing im sure or i wouldve just made it .16
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ilovemagic,

Preflop: Don't like really the min-raise here.

As played
      Postflop: Even if he makes the raise I would assume it's almost always going to be a very strong hand towards at the best just 2pairs vs we are just flipping. I am folding this one.

Best Regards.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      even if he makes this raise on the flop only against me and does it 5 times in a row?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by ilovemagic
      even if he makes this raise on the flop only against me and does it 5 times in a row?
      Highly doubt that he made always the same raises. :)
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      Ill go fetch the hand histories today if u dont believe me. I seriously think thos guy was a maniac against just me.

The raise was always more then $1 i know that for a fact
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Ill go fetch the hand histories today if u dont believe me. I seriously think thos guy was a maniac against just me.

The raise was always more then $1 i know that for a fact
      Well, the pot usually should be also bigger if you make a normal open-raise preflop and make a CB and therefore the sizing of $1 might be even standard. :P
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      Ill grab the hand histories maybe we can figure this guy out from there. ?(
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Ill grab the hand histories maybe we can figure this guy out from there. ?(
      Sure but I have huge doubts that I am changing much being also deep + the pot being so small.