[NL2-NL10] NL2: Approved Bluff the limper or Risk?

• 6 replies
    • igika07
      igika07
      Bronze
      Sorry , wrong place
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      < Moved your hand to Hand Evaluation section >
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Ok, firstly you shouldn't be raising the flop here, your getting good pot odds to just call here. You can complete your gutshot draw and you have a backdoor flush draw which will likely be the best hand. Besides this been a bad line the raise size is to small anyway (your giving villan 3/1 on a very wet board!

On the turn why are you betting again? Most the time your flop raise gets called your beat although occasionally there might be a flush draw in his range (which is another reason the flop raise is bad). So really it's spewing money. You really shouldn't turn hands into bluffs on NL2 as there are a lot of calling stations on this limit you should strictly be playing value poker at this limit.

So imo this hands played pretty badly and you got a lucky result. Btw what range do you put him on when he limp calls pre-flop from UTG? Also what was your thought process on each street?
    • igika07
      igika07
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jonnyjm
      Ok, firstly you shouldn't be raising the flop here, your getting good pot odds to just call here. You can complete your gutshot draw and you have a backdoor flush draw which will likely be the best hand. Besides this been a bad line the raise size is to small anyway (your giving villan 3/1 on a very wet board!

On the turn why are you betting again? Most the time your flop raise gets called your beat although occasionally there might be a flush draw in his range (which is another reason the flop raise is bad). So really it's spewing money. You really shouldn't turn hands into bluffs on NL2 as there are a lot of calling stations on this limit you should strictly be playing value poker at this limit.

So imo this hands played pretty badly and you got a lucky result. Btw what range do you put him on when he limp calls pre-flop from UTG? Also what was your thought process on each street?
      His Limp-call on the UTG was about a 60% Range as he could have limped with a KTs, KTo, or even smaller. if we saw a K on the Turn or River, i would have had a Straight, so the only card i was worrying about was a A, or KK

i called on a turn, because of his check. This showed me that he's not holding the best hand as he seemed to be a loose player.

My raise on the flop was really a mistake, and now i see it. I shouldn't have raised on the flop for sure. That's a mistake and i'll take that into account.

Thanks for helping me out
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Well i can see you only have 59 hands on villain, this sarmple is two small to definitively identify the tenancies, but you should be able to generalise the type of player easily enough. Be sure to consider villains range as a whole when choosing an action. Maybe read the article on "player types and how to win there money"?

It's important to remember what your objective/goal in the hand is and in this case your objective should be to get to showdown cheaply imo (unless your hand improves to a more nutish hand).

No problem, any questions just ask :) That's why this site is here after all ;)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello igika07,

Not worth raising the flop cause you are just turning your hand into bluff and not raising for value. Just take the odd and Call it and reevaluate the further streets.

Best Regards.