Keeping Track

• daniel3160
      daniel3160
      Bronze
      Hi guys, long time reader, first time poster.

Basically I want to try my hand at the 9 man hyper turbo tourneys on Pokerstars.

I know they've got loads of variance but I seem to be consistently getting myself into places where i'm ahead. Anyway I wanted to do a spreadsheet to keep track of how well i'm doing, what should I include?

The only things I can think of are how many I do, how much I spend and how much I get back along with what place I come.

Should I include things like % of hands seen?
  • 5 replies
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      If you opt in to Sharkscope it records all of that info for you so you don't have to do anything. Simples.

Also, if you're going to take it even remotely seriously, you should definitely get tracking software which will record all your stats and those of the other players.
    • C0WB0Y
      C0WB0Y
      Bronze
      If you know how to spreadsheet then you can also then calculate itm% and roi but thats all I do is the following

SB - $100

1. 123456789 - $1.50 - 1/9 - $5.81
      2. 123456788 - $1.50 - 2/9 - $3.48
      3. 123456787 - $1.50 - 5/9 - $0.00
      4. ********* - $1.50 - 5/9 - $0.00
      5. ********* - $1.50 - 3/9 - $2.32
      6. ********* - $1.50 - 4/9 - $0.00
      7. ********* - $1.50 - 1/9 - $5.81
      8. ********* - $1.50 - 4/9 - $0.00
      9. ********* - $1.50 - 6/9 - $0.00
      10. ******** - $1.50 - 6/9 - $0.00

CB - 102.42

itm% 4/10 = 40%
      roi = 16.13%

Gidee Up!
      Cowboy
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      HI Daniel :)

Thanks for posting, hopefully it might encourage you to do it a little more from now?

Anyway yes as JonikoP said the best thing to do is to opt in at sharkscope and/or get yourself some tracking software, this will record absolutely every part of your game without you spending hours creating charts and spreadsheets yourself, time you can use to keep studying and improving ;)

The two market leaders in such software are Holdem Manager and Poker Tracker both offering free trials of 30 and 60 days respectively (also poker tracker 4 is currently in beta testing and available free for the time being) so you don't have to commit to a payment straight away.

Take a look into these and let us know what you think and how you get on.

All the best
      Carl
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Yep totally here, you would lose a lot of hours writing and updating a spreadsheet where it could all be done for you ;)

Best regards,
      Gary
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ExternalUseOnly
      The two market leaders in such software are Holdem Manager and Poker Tracker both offering free trials of 30 and 60 days respectively (also poker tracker 4 is currently in beta testing and available free for the time being) so you don't have to commit to a payment straight away.
      !!!

This is a must for anyone wanting to keep track of their result imo, they arn't too expensive either, no matter what your bankroll/limits are. You also get the Free Trails which add up to 3 months for you to try before you buy.
      You'll be able to see which position you're coming in the most, look up your hands and work out how to improve your game.
      Lets say you're finishing 4th ALOT, why? Does your spreadsheet help you with this? Nuha! But with tracking software you'll be able to go and look at all them 4th place finishes, look up why you're losing, are you being too aggressive? Not aggressive enough? Maybe you're just leaving yourself with little chips when making it to 4th, so you need to improve your early game. The list is endless!

Let us now how you're getting on and what you decide to do :)