[NL2-NL10] [FR] NL2 KJo

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 7 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (MP2): $2.27 (113.5 bb)
      MP3: $1.04 (52 bb)
      CO: $1 (50 bb)
      BTN: $2 (100 bb)
      SB: $5.80 (290 bb)
      BB: $2 (100 bb)
      MP1: $3.41 (170.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J K
      MP1 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, 3 folds, SB calls $0.09, BB folds, MP1 calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.32) 5 3 6 (3 players)
      SB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.24, SB calls $0.24, MP1 calls $0.24

Turn: ($1.04) A (3 players)
      SB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.04) K (3 players)
      SB bets $1.04, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $1.93 and is all-in, SB calls $0.89

On turn I was a bit in doubt, should I continue here, this one hit alot of the SB range Ax flush type of hands, so decided to check.

Was it a mistake to shove river? only seeing Qc beating me?
      I felt confident in him having Ax type of hands still.

MP1:

SB:
  • 7 replies
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      just give up otf ...

as played the river is fine vs this kind of fish :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Resilence,

Preflop: Why would you open so loose in first place if you starting to overplay postflop like that. Strongly advice not to play from MP2 in FR such hands as KJo.

As played
      Flop: Check behind, no way you going to have much fold equity here and nor you can't Bet it obviously for value.

As played
      River: Shoving is overplayed obviously, even vs the fish. He is rarely potting it with weaker hands. We haven't invested much into the pot and therefore vs pot size I might even fold cause we don't have the nut-flush here. Don't see him potting with T. Why would he pot with Ax hands, they are bluffing then.

Best Regards.
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      Preflop- I don't mind this iso raise against a weaker player in position.

Flop- Check behind vs so many opponents. We aren't betting for value, and we don't often get many folds here.

Turn- I check behind here as well.

River- Tough call. If he's a super fish who I know will shove his sets and two pair here I shove with the 2nd nuts. Against a normal TAG I think I just call.
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      It's just funny that you all think these things, I oftent see fish shove with 2 pairs Ax hands, he obviously thought he was ahead here, disregarding the flush on the table.
      But as you all think it's a huge mistake to do this I will not try this in the furture.

Not sure why but thought we where almost always bluffing with isobets, as PP type of hands rarely continue, my mistake, properly missunderstood you Veriz. I thought it was to mask our weak and strong hands, by doing it :f_cry:

It's funny its all my winning hands that get the worst type of critisism, I was so proud to have won this thought I was doing good against the fish, guess I was wrong :P

And yeh I'm mostlikly isobeting way to much, but it's quite fun, I've taken lots of pots down, been winning alot nonshowdowns etc, so also thought it was alright. :f_mad:

Just hope these evuhl ppl commenting on my post wont make me discontinue my hand posting in the future, ouch some of it was hurtfull :P

Maybe I fixed some bad leaks, not sure, dosn't always feel like i'm getting anywhere, but think I'll keep trying, maybe there is still fish out there who plays worse then me :f_cool:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      It may feel like that but poker isn't about few days learning and then wola, I know everything. It takes long time to get the understanding on the game and more difficult part of it which you will learn for very long time and most likely wont be able to learn it fully.

Why would you worry about negative criticism? So what? At least you are posting hands which a lot ain't doing and don't even want to fix your leaks. You will remember during your game about the criticism even more and wont do mistakes which were very horrible again. If you even do then you post again and will get the same criticism and after it you start to think. If you don't even post hands then how else you going to fix the biggest leaks? :) By just playing and hoping that you are teh boss wont work, we have to discuss and analyze our sessions.
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Yeh I know it's also a bad mindset i'm struggl'ing with, i'm a bit of a whiner hehe...
      And yeah I will post more stupid hands in the furture...
      It's just the more I seem to (learn) the more leaks I seem to have, but learning not to do them again is really hard, it's not just turning it off with a knob. I'm to stupid for that, I need to play it over and over again :D

Just hope you wont be bored with my hands when I post same mistakes over and over... :P
      I'd love to learn a bit faster, I hate NL2 I wanna move up :P (I know theres not much difference)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Resilence
      Yeh I know it's also a bad mindset i'm struggl'ing with, i'm a bit of a whiner hehe...
      And yeah I will post more stupid hands in the furture...
      It's just the more I seem to (learn) the more leaks I seem to have, but learning not to do them again is really hard, it's not just turning it off with a knob. I'm to stupid for that, I need to play it over and over again :D

Just hope you wont be bored with my hands when I post same mistakes over and over... :P
      I'd love to learn a bit faster, I hate NL2 I wanna move up :P (I know theres not much difference)
      Why would I be bored? It's kinda standard that we sometimes might need to post couple of similar hands to get the understanding of the game. :) Post as many you want.