Project: $50 -> $500 NL!

• vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey guys!

Being inspired by kyyberis PLO project, I decided to start one of my own.

For those who don't know me, I'm a videoproducer here at PokerStrategy.com at NLHE microstakes. I mainly play NL100 FR myself, and have been doing so for ~8 months or so by now.

I have been thinking about going into private coaching, and getting in some recent microstakes experience of my own would def help with that, so it's not a bad idea imo. :)

Just like kyyberi I will be using a quite aggressive BRM, and have decided on 15 BI's. Startingpoint will be $20 (~10 BI) because depositing is a bit of a hassle atm. I will top-up to $50 if I need to, but here's hoping that wont happen! :D

I'll be playing on stars for the challenge, and any VPP bonus, Stellar rewards etc I will count as rakeback.

$20-$75: NL2
      $75-$150: NL5
      $150-$375: NL10
      $375-$500: NL25

Will be posting some graphs, update my current bankroll etc as often as I can remember. :)

Lets shuffle up and deal!

:f_love:
  • 84 replies
    • foulkezboyz
      foulkezboyz
      Bronze
      think i will enjoy this.
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
    • sinsas
      sinsas
      Bronze
      Should be interesting. You'll play regular or zoom tables ?
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Nice initiative, will be following with interest as well.

How many tables will you be playing at the time? As has already been asked, regular vs zoom?

Good luck, and show that Finnish bugger that Sweden can do it too(and better, because of the extra $30 we need to earn!)
    • Jdz
      Jdz
      Bronze
      Good luck and I'll be keeping tabs on this one as I'm at a similar point having just started from $20 at NL4 in the past week.

:f_p:
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey vonki saw a video by you ages ago - was good you explain things well :) oh and pink performance is really good :D good luck with this i'll be keeping an eye! you gunna be zooming or just regular tables?

Originally posted by Jdz
      Good luck and I'll be keeping tabs on this one as I'm at a similar point having just started from $20 at NL4 in the past week.

aggro brm!
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by foulkezboyz
      think i will enjoy this.
      I hope you will! :)

Originally posted by MisClick
      :f_love: :f_love:

Originally posted by sinsas
      Should be interesting. You'll play regular or zoom tables ?
      I've always prefer regular tables over zoom, but from what I saw the NL5 tables arent many, so I may have to play zoom during NL5. Given alot of ppl also play zoom, having some experience with it wouldnt hurt. :)

Originally posted by fruktpuff
      Nice initiative, will be following with interest as well.

How many tables will you be playing at the time? As has already been asked, regular vs zoom?

Good luck, and show that Finnish bugger that Sweden can do it too(and better, because of the extra $30 we need to earn!)
      Thanks! I will play between 2 and 8 tables most of the time I would think, my morningsessions usually have pretty bad traffic on NL100 so I'll have the opportunity to play a bit on the side :)

Haha, I'll show them! Might even race him to the "finnish"-line ;)

Originally posted by Jdz

Awesome!! Though, you should probably consider a safer bankroll management! If this was my total bankroll, and Id not be convinced my wr should compensate for alot of swings, Id def go with a safer approach. :)
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      hey vonki saw a video by you ages ago - was good you explain things well :) oh and pink performance is really good :D good luck with this i'll be keeping an eye! you gunna be zooming or just regular tables?

hey! hehe, thank you!! :) The good old days.. pink performance was a blast recording :)

thanks, aprechiate the support! I'll mostly be sticking to regular tables but might be zooming a bit now and then too :)
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      +1 following

looking forward to seeing some interesting hand histories :P
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      GL, shippit!
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Professional thinking and motivational for mini-players = sounds like a win win to me.

Lots of run good to you and have fun in the trenches coach! :s_cool:
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      few obeservations from my first NL2 session...

- dont give ppl rope to bluff or vb - they wont
      - dont 4b bluff - people rly dont 3b bluff much
      - people play super straight forward and honest
      - when raised, ur screwed unless u have the nuts :D
      - ppl hardly defend their blinds at all - steal relentlessly!

Still need to adjust my game slightly, bluff a bit less and station a bit less when ppl show obvious strenght... so far they always had it :P
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Good luck!
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Ty Gervie!

Sessionresults:

Hands: 921
      Profit: +$7.89
      Bankroll: $27.22
      FPPs: 1170 (had some before too)

73 VPPs left to $10 stellar reward

This one "reg" kept shoving every time he 3b me. I'm not really sure why, and maybe vs other players on these stakes it works like a charm... I guess he just didnt wanna play postflop with me?! My 20/18/5 style is probably a tad looser than the avg NL2 player.... :f_biggrin:

But seriously. If you have the nuts, how hard can it be to play postflop? Like he played 10/3/2 and this hand below... well he never has anything but KK+ and maybe(?) AK. Trying to make me call of a hand like AQ or QQ perhaps? :)

€0.01/€0.02 No Limit Holdem
      9 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG (€1.35) 68bb
      Hero (UTG+1) (€3.80) 190bb
      MP1 (€2.88) 144bb
      MP2 (€2.10) 105bb
      MP3 (€3.77) 189bb
      CO (€3.13) 157bb
      BTN (€1.78) 89bb
      SB (€0.80) 40bb
      BB (€0.90) 45bb

Pre-Flop: (€0.03, 9 players) Hero is UTG+1 A:spade: Q:club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to €0.06, 2 folds, MP3 goes all-in €3.77, 4 folds, Hero folds

Final Pot: €0.15

MP3 wins €3.86 (net +€0.09)

Hero lost €0.06
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by gadget51
      Professional thinking and motivational for mini-players = sounds like a win win to me.

Lots of run good to you and have fun in the trenches coach! :s_cool:
      Thank you v. much mr. Gadget!

Chase down MC to get my skype, if I do another NL2-exclusive session I dont mind you guys sweating me sometime. :)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Now that's pure entertainment :D Shoving 190bb like a shortstacker
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      go go hit'em hard :)

definitely following !
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Hahah yea!! :D

Guys brought me back a white chocolate mocca frappachino thingie from the Starbucks! :f_love: I'm feeling all feverish and weak so gonna stick with the coffee and some NL2 + Vampire Diaries for the evening, dont feel fit to play any NL100 today but I need to put in 5 hours because of my volume-bet so might aswell grind some more NL2 and chill a bit! :f_love:
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by SneakyhanD
      go go hit'em hard :)

definitely following !
      ty!! :) :heart: