This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl4 KJ 6max

• jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      zero info on villain

iPoker - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: $5.41
      BB: $3.00
      UTG: $5.90
      MP: $4.94
      CO: $2.11
      Hero (BTN): $4.07

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has J:diamond: K:spade:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.12, fold, BB raises to $0.28, Hero calls $0.16

Flop: ($0.58, 2 players) 3:heart: 5:club: 4:diamond:
      BB bets $0.32, fold

1) Against these smallish 3bets. Should I be folding these type of hands? I think that it'd be ok to call with drawing hands, but hands like KJ would be fairly well dominated even though I get good odds. It seems like often these min small 3bets are from fishy type players with a good hand.

2) This was my first 6max session. It was a lot more aggressive than FR with far more 3betting and 4betting. I found it quite a bit harder. Is 6max something I should be moving towards at my level? Or is it simply personal preference?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would likely called if he made 0.20$, but since it is a little more I would give up at the first time. If he continues 3-betting, you can adjust either defending wider; opening fewer hands or start 4-betting (both with bluffs and/or value)

1)Should I be folding these type of hands?
      -without any information fold is often the best option
      I think that it'd be ok to call with drawing hands, but hands like KJ would be fairly well dominated even though I get good odds.
      - I would also fold hands like 76s, since you´re not really getting correct odds being 80bb effective deep and if you have no information then it is better to play tight and if he continues 3-betting you then fight back.
      It seems like often these min small 3bets are from fishy type players with a good hand.
      - that is correct, but even if you call 3-bet with 76s and flop comes 76A, he would not really stack off with KK that board
      2) 6-max by nature is more aggressive- my first advise would be play tight and if players would still 3-bet you light then you can adjust you play by 4-betting them back and widen your both pre-flop and postflop all-in range (especially in 3-bet pots)

best regards,