SB: $5.41
      BB: $3.00
      UTG: $5.90
      MP: $4.94
      CO: $2.11
      Hero (BTN): $4.07

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has J:diamond: K:spade:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.12, fold, BB raises to $0.28, Hero calls $0.16

Flop: ($0.58, 2 players) 3:heart: 5:club: 4:diamond:
      BB bets $0.32, fold

1) Against these smallish 3bets. Should I be folding these type of hands? I think that it'd be ok to call with drawing hands, but hands like KJ would be fairly well dominated even though I get good odds. It seems like often these min small 3bets are from fishy type players with a good hand.

2) This was my first 6max session. It was a lot more aggressive than FR with far more 3betting and 4betting. I found it quite a bit harder. Is 6max something I should be moving towards at my level? Or is it simply personal preference?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would likely called if he made 0.20$, but since it is a little more I would give up at the first time. If he continues 3-betting, you can adjust either defending wider; opening fewer hands or start 4-betting (both with bluffs and/or value)

1)Should I be folding these type of hands?
      -without any information fold is often the best option
      I think that it'd be ok to call with drawing hands, but hands like KJ would be fairly well dominated even though I get good odds.
      - I would also fold hands like 76s, since you´re not really getting correct odds being 80bb effective deep and if you have no information then it is better to play tight and if he continues 3-betting you then fight back.
      It seems like often these min small 3bets are from fishy type players with a good hand.
      - that is correct, but even if you call 3-bet with 76s and flop comes 76A, he would not really stack off with KK that board
      2) 6-max by nature is more aggressive- my first advise would be play tight and if players would still 3-bet you light then you can adjust you play by 4-betting them back and widen your both pre-flop and postflop all-in range (especially in 3-bet pots)

best regards,