Cant go wrong.

• luckyaceguy
      Hi my name is chris. Poker is been a big part of my life for a while now I joined this site a few years ago and burnt through my starting capital pretty fast not doing what I was suppose to. Since then I made some and lost some playing nl10 to nl50 online and 1/2 2/5 live and it comes down to the same thing I win for a while then I lose and dont do a good BRM so Im always rebuilding it. I have read up followed some videos talked about it with friends but its like its too much information at the same time that I cant remember it all and make the same mistakes over and over. This gets really frustrating but I just love the game too much to let go. Im trying this course because really I have nothing to lose and so much to gain from it. this site is great and I think its a good place to start and really learn about poker.

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

I play poker because I love the game basically. The money that I could be able to make when I will have a better game and BR and the different places I could go see. Meet new people and later on be able to do other projects I have in mind.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

Tilt is probably the biggest I have cause I know that I tilt after a few beats for example or card dead after a few beats and I continue to play.
      I try to play too aggressive or try outplay too much.
      I play very tight sometimes.
      Change my strategy too much
      Try and play too dynamic preflop
      I dont balance life/poker

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

Raising and betting strong hands and playing position.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Another option against tilt is to set yourself shorter sessions which might avoid you from tilting. If you playing longer sessions then it's more likely that during that session you can get upset. So work on your game and try to find out what makes you tilt and try to fight against it.

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed by posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

What do you mean by not balancing life/poker? You mean you play too much poker or what or rather too much life?

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"
      Hopefully you will enjoy the Course.