From SSS/SnG to BSS...

• Spidey1978
      Spidey1978
      Bronze
      I have built my bankroll up to $850 through, at first, SSS and, more recently, SnGs.
      I am now thinking of trying my hand at BSS.

According to the BM article I have the bankroll of NL25 but as a BSS newbie would I be better off starting lower til I have a bit more experience at the BSS? Say NL10?

Also, although I multitable with SSS and SnGs would I be better off playing just one table to start with?

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
  • 2 replies
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      I suggest you start BSS at NL0,02/0,04 till you make around 10k hands there and see how it goes. If you fell comfortable than move to NL0,10/0,20 and play there at least 30k hands. At least i would do sth. like that. And play so many tables that you fell comfortable and have enought time to think. At start i think you should play on less tables later on you can higher them.

But i have to say i am far from best one to give you advises. I play poker only 4 months now and basicly most of the time break even with some week sessions of nice earnings.

And if you are good at SNGs i suggest you rather move up limits there!
    • tzveti
      tzveti
      Bronze
      Hi spidey!
      I had the exact same problem two months ago - relatively safe bankroll that i won from an mtt and no skills. Conservative BRM is the key for success. I started NL10 , although overolled, and continued to climb up slowly. At certain points, this helped me avoid big loses. I started with two tables, now Im on 6 and plan adding more.You can read my blog for details. :D