[NL2-NL10] NL10: 55 questionable stab

Bronze
      Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1867424
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $9.03 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 13, 3B: 0, AF: 14,0, Hands: 62
      CO: $10.00 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 8, 3B: 0, AF: 1,0, Hands: 97
      BTN: $10.78 - VPIP: 26, PFR: 21, 3B: 1, AF: 2,8, CbetFlop: 69(16), Hands: 251
      SB: $9.12 - VPIP: 33, PFR: 9, 3B: 0, AF: 0,9, Hands: 81
      Hero (BB): $15.78 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 19, 3B: 5, AF: 4,6, Hands: 56532

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with 5 :spade: 5 :diamond:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.30, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) Q :heart: 4 :spade: 8 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.65) 6 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.44, BTN folds

I am not sure I like my stab even with the added bonus of having a GS +2 outs for a set. It is strange that villain checks behind on this flop because it is so perfect for cBetting. He can easily have a bluffcatcher like JJ, TT or something like that.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

Preflop: You can't really set mine here vs BTN range, so which means that we can't Call it.

As played
      Postflop: As long he doesn't show interest into the pot you can easily take a stab.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      Preflop: You can't really set mine here vs BTN range, so which means that we can't Call it.

This comes as quite some news to me! I can recall you telling me in the past (I was playing NL4 then though) that against BU and CO ranges it is very much OK to call because we get paid off very often anyway. I was very keen before that to 3Bet small PPs against BU&CO opens for that very reason that their ranges are so wide (not too great an idea against unknowns because we can get called very often if they are not folding to 3Bets often, which can very well be the case on this limit).

OK, so I suppose that I either am mistaken about this and my memory is a bit off or I suppose that NL10 in this aspect is much more different than NL4 or the factors present in the hand were different back then, but either way:

1) Is therefore calling with small PPs from either the BB or the SB (unless BB is loose-passive) against CO and BU opens is a complete no-no unless we know that the opponent's are either very very tight or very bad postflop?

2) These hands are then better 3Bet against wide ranges, provided that we are not really getting called all that often?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      NL4 is a bit different and especially being here against a more reasonable opponent we also have to assume that we are getting paid. Then we of course can set-mine.

1) Is therefore calling with small PPs from either the BB or the SB (unless BB is loose-passive) against CO and BU opens is a complete no-no unless we know that the opponent's are either very very tight or very bad postflop?

Well, we have to assume that he is also capable of paying us. With PPs like 88-99 or whatsoever we can easily play even for pair, so why not to call them but low ones are difficult to play.

2) These hands are then better 3Bet against wide ranges, provided that we are not really getting called all that often?

Yes, rather 3bet with those hands if we assume to have fold equity, if rather doesn't fold much then just fold it.