BTN: $7.96

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has Q:spade: Q:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.16, fold, fold, SB calls $0.14, fold

Flop: ($0.36, 2 players) 2:heart: J:heart: K:heart:
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.36, 2 players) 3:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.25, fold

what do we do with hands like QQ on flops like this? Should I cbet it or is it allright to check and see, what villain does on turn?
  • 2 replies
    • DrDunne
      i'd say bet it. it's really unlikely he flopped a flush - much more likely he flopped a FD. maybe he has something like AT w/A :heart: or maybe AJ w/A :heart: . you have to bet and protect and he may well not be as strong as he thinks while you practically kill his chances of getting a straight.. on top of this you get him to fold out lots of pocket pairs and other speculative hands that completely missed and are giving up. i'd Cbet ~6bb otf and re-evaluate the turn.

i agree it does suck, but it also probably sucks for villain too. at least if you get raised you know what to do!

as played i don't think it's bad either. a delayed cbet is nice because it reps a lot of strength, and you can also more accurately assess your fold equity (if you want a fold). if villain checks twice, then he is basically asking you to bet to take the pot away. so i think it could be argued either way - to play like you did or to bet/fold the flop. interesting to see what veriz says.
    • veriz
      Hello durinko,

Either way it's fine, I don't mind Checking behind there, although you could as well Bet there cause there are still worse hands which pay you as FD and of course Jx hands.

Best Regards.