This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Qq Nl4 Sh 24.8.

• durinko
      durinko
      Bronze
      iPoker - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: $5.55
      BB: $5.06
      Hero (UTG): $7.60
      CO: $4.96
      BTN: $7.96

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has Q:spade: Q:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.16, fold, fold, SB calls $0.14, fold

Flop: ($0.36, 2 players) 2:heart: J:heart: K:heart:
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.36, 2 players) 3:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.25, fold

what do we do with hands like QQ on flops like this? Should I cbet it or is it allright to check and see, what villain does on turn?
  • 2 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      i'd say bet it. it's really unlikely he flopped a flush - much more likely he flopped a FD. maybe he has something like AT w/A :heart: or maybe AJ w/A :heart: . you have to bet and protect and he may well not be as strong as he thinks while you practically kill his chances of getting a straight.. on top of this you get him to fold out lots of pocket pairs and other speculative hands that completely missed and are giving up. i'd Cbet ~6bb otf and re-evaluate the turn.

i agree it does suck, but it also probably sucks for villain too. at least if you get raised you know what to do!

as played i don't think it's bad either. a delayed cbet is nice because it reps a lot of strength, and you can also more accurately assess your fold equity (if you want a fold). if villain checks twice, then he is basically asking you to bet to take the pot away. so i think it could be argued either way - to play like you did or to bet/fold the flop. interesting to see what veriz says.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello durinko,

Either way it's fine, I don't mind Checking behind there, although you could as well Bet there cause there are still worse hands which pay you as FD and of course Jx hands.

Best Regards.