Poker slang :)
    • sleeeep
      sleeeep
      Bronze
      so it means call off = fold?
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      it means call, but it's usually used when you should fold and you have no justification for calling. But if you say in a serious voice "i'm gonna call it off here..." then that is justification enough
    • Jan217
      Jan217
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bradomurder
      it means call, but it's usually used when you should fold and you have no justification for calling. But if you say in a serious voice "i'm gonna call it off here..." then that is justification enough
      lolol
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Sleeeep,

It basically just means call :)

So for example, guy raises, we call.

Flop j89, if we have 89 and don't want to raise because of reverse implied odds but we probably don't want to fold we would say "call down" meaning call down the streets, i.e turn and river.

On the river if it comes an 8 and we raise and then he goes all in, we generally are not very happy but we will be forced to "call off" our stack on the river.

Makes sense?
    • ArtisSkirpa
      ArtisSkirpa
      Silver
      Originally posted by pleno1
      Hey Sleeeep,

It basically just means call :)

So for example, guy raises, we call.

Flop j89, if we have 89 and don't want to raise because of reverse implied odds but we probably don't want to fold we would say "call down" meaning call down the streets, i.e turn and river.

On the river if it comes an 8 and we raise and then he goes all in, we generally are not very happy but we will be forced to "call off" our stack on the river.

Makes sense?
      Saying we're not happy calling it off with a full house might not make sense for a beginner lol, otherwise this is the best way to explain it.
    • sleeeep
      sleeeep
      Bronze
      yea having full house seems great but call off sounds *call unfortunately*, not clear for me but thanks :f_biggrin: