This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

SSS Full Tilt NL10

• TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      Ok, first of all, in the past I've managed to turn my 50$ from pokerstrategy to 1500$ using the SSS on mansion. So I assumed I played 'perfect' SSS, I posted a lot of hands in the past on the dutch forum, think I erased any leaks, never doubt what to do,...

Recently I restarted on Full Tilt with a ~35$ roll playing 12 tables at a time.

Here's my graph:

Here's my stats:

(the 38PL hands were actually only 2 hands played before I realised what was happening there :D )

I use Leo's starthandchart which is basically std. SSS but no KQ/77/88 from the blinds and some steals/resteals+completing with PP/Axs/... when given the right odds.

I know it's partially downswing but I'm seriously doubting my game because of this.
      I know it's not a very large sample size but 8k hands seem like a decent size to reconsider some things.

Can anybody explain this?
  • 11 replies
    • matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      all I can say is, I don't win on nl10 on FTP also, and I have similar stats as you. Must be because of only 9 people in FR games, and double rake on nl10.. I am playing basic SSS along with sklansky chubokov steal chart.
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      It's been said before in other threads, there is like a 10% rake at NL10 on Full Tilt... so yea, my advice would be to basically stop playing there. Move up to NL25, or play NL10 on a different site. Especially with SSS, where you have a very small edge.. it's just not worth it.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Playing SSS on fulltilt NL10 makes no sense IMO, same reason as above^^
    • TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      Yeah I stopped playing there because I lost my 35$ roll :D
      deposited on stars now to clear the bonus there, 5% rake ftw!
      moving to FT again when I cleared it and startin on NL25 then
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      Every time you pay 10% rake on FT's microlimit tables, God kills a kitten.
    • punta
      punta
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Velak
      Every time you pay 10% rake on FT's microlimit tables, God kills a kitten.
      GREAT - I will carry on playing there as I hate cats :)

You do get a fair bit of rake back each month - its what makes my profit on FTP SSS as i am just above breaking even playing :baby:
    • TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      unfortunately I had a full tilt account long before I ever heard of pokerstrategy and I do not have rakeback...
      Sended a million mails to support asking if they could link my account etc but nog good... :(
    • matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      that sucks.. But I heard some people got the rakeback deal afterall, even though they had accounts made before the rakeback..So there is still a chance ! :D
    • TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      yes, I've heard of it 2, they said they put me on some kind of list
      whatever that means :D
      But it's not pokerstrategy, it's rakebackpro's I think (read it on 2+2)
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      yeah, rakebackpros. and it usually takes from 1 to a couple of months before it gets hooked up.

Still better than nothing, if you can manage it.

But I'd still rather pay 5% rake, than get back 27% of the 10% you pay.
    • TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      yes, the plan is to restart @ 25NL on FT after I cleared the bonus on stars so might come in handy after all:)
      27% of 5% is still better than 0% of 5% :D

But the green line being so much lower than the blue one is normal?
      I saw helemaalnicks' graph in his SSS project topic and noticed it there too.
      Is this blinds causing it to go down?