This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl50 Kk

• gambleris
      gambleris
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
      LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG+2: $9.25
      MP1: $21.05
      MP2: $27.20
      CO: $49.25
      BTN: $53.35
      Hero (SB): $8.75
      BB: $49.25
      UTG: $20.45
      UTG+1: $45.80

Pre-Flop: K:diamond: K:club: dealt to Hero (SB)
      UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.50, 5 folds, Hero raises to $2, BB folds, UTG+1 calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.50) 2:heart: 2:diamond: K:heart: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $1, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($6.50) T:heart: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $2, Hero calls $2

River: ($10.50) A:heart: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $4, Hero calls $3.75 and is All-In

Any opinions ?
  • 9 replies
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Strategy says bet flop/turn/river for most value.

In this case I think you can slowplay the flop, but also betting low as Villain did is possible here I think.
      But on the turn you'll probably have to push this hand.

Checking river is too risky, you should just push here, no way he's gonna fold that one.

I have no idea what's best here, I think there are several ways to handle these kind of situations.
      I'm curious what the judges will say about this one.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Yes you should push on river not call otherwise you flopped total nuts:D At the end only 22, AA and Q10s can beat you but i would say AA is out of since he would reraise preflop.

I would miniraised him on turn and push on river but thats me :D
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      He pushed on the river, or at least made an all-in call.
      But I think you should push the turn already, however Villain might think you've hit your flush draw or something and that's not really what you want him to think, I think :D

I think your flop play is possible, your turn play is already doubtable and your river play is not good, you should move all-in there.
      Bronze
      Hi gambleris,

no need to slowplay here. I mean, of course, you can, but oop it doesn't make much sense. Reasonable oponent will surely smell a trap in sss player calling all three streets. I'd just bet it.

If I were in position, it's cool to just call his flopbet and raise turn.

@slikec: no way to minraise the turn and push river! First, minraises suck, second - if you raise turn there's virtually no money left in your stack, so you could be betting like $1 on the river which is stupid. Check/call flop, check/raise all-in turn isn't out of question, but no minraise ;) .
    • gambleris
      gambleris
      Bronze
      I should mention that opponent's stats were 52/21/5
      I believed that he will do continuation bets.
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      I'd push turn. Flop I'll usually just call (not always) but I'd deffo push it on the turn. Specially with that turn card (completes a possible Flush draw) and besides, his stats say he's a bit of a loose cannon...
    • gambleris
      gambleris
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Atoks
      I'd push turn. Flop I'll usually just call (not always) but I'd deffo push it on the turn. Specially with that turn card (completes a possible Flush draw) and besides, his stats say he's a bit of a loose cannon...
      So what that turn card completes flush draw. I don't want him to put me on flush. By his stats i believed that he will try to push me and i was right. So the ending was:
      Results: $18 Pot ($0.85 Rake)
      Hero showed K:diamond: K:club: (a full house, Kings full of Deuces) and WON $17.15 (+$8.40 NET)
      UTG+1 showed 6:club: 5:spade: (a pair of Deuces) and LOST (-$8.75 NET)
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      LOL!!
      Gimme his name, I'm gonna put that guy on my buddy-list and I'll start playing BSS on NL50 :D
    • gambleris
      gambleris
      Bronze
      There are a lot this type of players in NL50 ( i play in Pokerstars)