Weekly Poll: What has been the most important factor in improving your game?

• Poll
    • What has been the most important factor in improving your game?

Reading articles
        47%
        Watching videos
        28%
        Listening to coachings
        12%
        Posting sample hands
        11%
        Discussions in the forum
        2%
      Total: 57 Votes
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Learning and constantly improving the own game isn't that easy. It's not enough to just play and become more experienced. You also have to work on the theoretical part of the game. But in order to do this you have the choice between several offers.

* Reading articles is a very good way to get to know the theory behind poker.
      * Watching videos might give you a better understanding.
      * Listening to coachings allows you to follow the thoughts of experienced
      players.
      * Posting sample hands (NL, FL, SnG, Omaha) might be your key to improve
      the most, since you get evaluations by experienced hand judges.
      * Discussions with other members, moderators and coaches in the forum (NL,
      FL, SnG, Omaha) is another way to improve your game.

We suggest to take advantage of all our offers, but still, some of you might have their favourites. Tell us what you use the most and why you do so.
  • 5 replies
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      For beginners & getting into the intermediate stages, reading the articles & posting hands. Now that I have passed that stage I still like to post some hands sometimes but I often can analyse it myself, and find videos the best option (FL SH).

They give a unique insight into the application of the theory and provide a good basis on which to align your play which is a bit fuzzy from my experience in the sense of FL SH having no real postflop "rules" like FR in the basic section but being more experience based, so my vote definitely goes to videos which allow me to take it a step further.

Although coachings are similar and give you the chance to quiz the coaches directly, I think videos are superior in the fact you can watch them many times over, it's fun to listen to kobeyard swear at the donkeys & they are always there at your fingertips!
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      First articles ofcourse. Gave me totally new view about poker lol :D Now at least i can say that most of the time i know exactly what i am doing with my move(lets say that sometimes i have "hinch" villian have AA and i still shove :D ).

Than ofcourse movies which is my favorite learning now :) I just sit down and watch and listen much easier than read read and i remember more watching movies since you beside seeing also hear and coaches are really nice and explain some hands extremely detailed.

And at las but not least i watch sample forum :) Sample forum is especially great when players clashes their opinion about how specific hand should be played. ---> that way you open your horizonts about different playing styles and you can easier adopt in your own difficult situation against villian.

I have to say that playing SSS i don't have many diffucult situations. They occur only when i move to BSS when i find delicious fish(and i am hungry ofcourse).

As soon as i decide to format my disk i will try to enable elephant and also myself post some hands.

May i ask why most gold movies are NL100? :D I play NL20 and i wanted to watch gold movies when i played NL4 and NL10 :D

Anyway keep up good work and teach us small fishes ;)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      I think everything is important. Videos to get new ideas or to understand where lines recommended in the articles should be used.
      Articles to get a basic knowledge and posting hands to be confident with the own game and to find leaks in the game.
      Discussing hands with other people is a very important aspect to get a new view of understanding the game.

What is important as well for me is doing own videos and analyse them later to see if I make mistakes which I don't even notice.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by ciRith
      I think everything is important. Videos to get new ideas or to understand where lines recommended in the articles should be used.
      Articles to get a basic knowledge and posting hands to be confident with the own game and to find leaks in the game.
      Discussing hands with other people is a very important aspect to get to a new level understand.

What is important as well for me is doing own videos and analyse them later to see if I make mistakes which I don't even notice.
      QFT IMHO.
      I will make a video too soon, as i dont think going over the biggest pots in poker tracker after a session is enough.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      My key to improve was posting sample hands and evaluating the hands of others. It really helps to understand the theory and put it into practise.