Full Tilt Poker De-Tracks all PokerStrategy.com Players

• IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      *Update* Please see our statement and further discussion here

This thread is to discuss the topic of Full Tilt Poker player de-tracking as reported in our news.
      Furthermore we reported about the comparison of the old and new VIP-system in this news

We want to start off by providing our view on points that have been raised elsewhere, namely that the de-tracking might be to the benefit of players based on the hope that the costs savings would be used for lowering the rake or increasing bonuses. This is wishful thinking. In fact, the early signs - looking at information published about the new Full Tilt Poker VIP program - show that regulars will be significantly worse off than before. This seems to fit a general industry trend where regulars are seen as a "necessary evil" by poker rooms (from whom to protect the fish), and if you take their benefits away, they will swallow it for lack of alternatives. Changes are made slowly and carefully, such that players are more likely to accept them.

As a poker school and community, we strongly oppose any discriminatory moves against serious poker players and have publicly voiced our opinions here, here and behind the scenes.

Yet, ultimately it is only the players' voices that count and the Full Tilt re-launch might set a dangerous precedent in the poker industry and act as an example for other rooms to follow.

The negative trend will slowly grow stronger until the players decide to fight back.

If you share those concerns, you can contact Full Tilt at support@fulltiltpoker.com.
  • 105 replies
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      Bye bye Black Member Parties :s_cry:
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      W******, time for PS to launch it's own network?!
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      zomgwtfh?

i don't know what to say
    • rent90
      rent90
      Bronze
      well not the best news for PS.com, my condolences
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      I wasn't tracked on FTP anyway, so, wth I guess.

I still think it's pretty lame, but in reality I'm only gonna gain from this if there is a higher fish:reg ratio.

The only reason I don't make PS points here is because I signed up to the big sites before I knew about ps.com. I was planning to make a bunch of points on 888, but as soon as I decided that it got insta-untracked.

So while I'd really love to grind out some rake for ps.com and one day make black member, it's probably not going to happen unless there are some radical changes about allowing retracking.
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      This is ridiculous. So it is so easy to de-track shit load of accounts, but you ask stars to re-track account they say IMPOSIBRU!!!!!1!1!1!1!1
    • Yoshimitsu77
      Yoshimitsu77
      Bronze
      we wait all this time for FTP to come back and then they do this ;(
    • jackinbeat
      jackinbeat
      Bronze
      I had players tracked who earn't me $$ monthly, but my own account was locked to another affiliate who did not pay rakeback, set it up before I even knew what a 3 bet was lol.

So basically I lose affiliate money, but gain my own account back, not sure this is great either way i figure there's lots like me.

First thoughts are it's a new site in some ways so back to level playing field, but feel for all at PS, and others whose business's were supported by this rakeback.
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      they dont care about the afilliates, they make only less money for the pokersite so in business money is the key and now even more when they have to get that 350 mil back fast every cent counts :o pokerstrategy brought a lot of players to fulltilt and now they dont need pokerstrategy anymore, as they have a large player pool already, and when it crashed black friday, it was old fulltilt, and a new full tilt doesnt need to pay to old affiliates any cash for players they brought to old full tilt, basicly is a new company and old stuff has just been swept under the rug. :f_cry:
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Step 1: download new FTP software
      Step 2: Cash out
      Step 3: Start -> Control Panel -> Programs -> Uninstall a Program
      Step 4: e-mail ftp to say how disappointed I am.

(I think if you are thinking of getting out of FTP for these reasons, then it is good to show your disappointment)

I lived more than a year without FTP. I know how to sort myself out without them FFS.

As if there were not enough fishes in the rest of the Ocean.
    • pblankfield
      pblankfield
      Bronze
      This is actually a *clever* move as it will discourage any grinder to play on FTP - this will effectively soften the player field a lot.

By polarizing PS more towards "pros" and FTP toward "casuals" the owners want to diversify their products by tailoring them for two completely different groups.

Remember one thing - PS may be the leader in real money poker but the true king on the web is still FB Zynga - and there's still a hue pool of players to attract to FTP if you take all steps possible to keep the game as "fun" (= not :s_cool: ) as possible
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      I have advanced my disappointment and worry as I got the news (even if I was very worry time before they was forward the new VIP scheme.

This is not good news at all, not just for FTP, but in general as things are going in a very bad/dangerous way!

I really have a bad feel about all the full matter and in particular, how will change in the near future, the ground for a more serious players that recreational/occasional ones.

Hope for the best even if the best seem to be bad as well imo X(
    • pbijvoet
      pbijvoet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Yet, ultimately it is only the players' voices that count and the Full Tilt re-launch might set a dangerous precedent in the poker industry and act as an example for other rooms to follow.

The negative trend will slowly grow stronger until the players decide to fight back.

If you share those concerns, you can contact Full Tilt at support@fulltiltpoker.com.
      Can't we set up a default e-mail that everyone can send to share our concerns??
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      full tilt does not care how many complaints will be sent , so just spare your time and move on, instead of bitchin for retracking if they said no to PS they sure will say 3 times no to any player from PS who will send an emal = waste of your time, and go play on party poker the room needs action :)
    • jackinbeat
      jackinbeat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Agiz19
      full tilt does not care how many complaints will be sent , so just spare your time and move on, instead of bitchin for retracking if they said no to PS they sure will say 3 times no to any player from PS who will send an emal = waste of your time, and go play on party poker the room needs action :)
      Agreed, Party Poker must be loving this.
    • rupucis2
      rupucis2
      Bronze
      That`s outrageous.

PS.com lawyers should look into agreements with FT.. I don`t think new FT don`t have rights to do like this.

If it is so how they state: "Full Tilt Poker has stated that they do not consider themselves to be liable for any previous affiliate relationships", then probably players don`t have to be liable for new FT policies.

In that case, I think there should be no problem for us to withdraw our money, make new account in newFT through or affiliate.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Just to clarify a few things.

First of all, PokerStrategy.com sent more than 485,000 players to Full Tilt. The vast majority of them will have been recreational players.

Secondly, we believe it is important that we and the players resist any moves that are designed to discriminate against winning players. If such a development starts, there is a high risk that it will continue and get gradually worse over time, with poker being less attractive for serious players.
      See also here. Examples in reality are plenty: changes of rake systems, reductions in VIP programs, increase of rake in regulated markets.

The best chance that it currently is - but I'm here quite clear that we can not enforce it - is that the player concerns is directly forwarded to Full Tilt.

Ingrid
    • zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Agiz19
      You are so wrong! The more we let Stars rape us, the more they will. Sure I'm happy I will get my FT money back but that doesn't mean that I will kneel and agree with all their bullshit.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      As much as I love hanging around PS. As unfair towards the old tracked players...

This is the plain truth:
      Affiliating is, as a phenomenon, needed just as much as a pimple in the arse. It should never have begun.

(That made me popular, right?)

/Johan = :f_confused: