[NL2-NL10] NL2 SH vs 2 opponents

• bakuncho
      bakuncho
      Bronze
      Well this hand made some controversy because my call in river..

CO 26/16/1.4/208h
      Fcbet 57 WTSD 40

BU 55/37/2.8agg/38 cbet/67 fcbt/ 33wtsd

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Reproduzir mão

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $10.34
      SB (Hero):
      $2.00
      BB:
      $2.03
      MP3:
      $2.11
      CO:
      $2.83

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, A.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.06, BU raises to $0.16, Hero raises to $0.64, BB folds, CO calls $0.58, BU calls $0.48.

Flop: ($1.94) 2, 6, 7 (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($1.94) 3 (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks, BU checks.

River: ($1.94) 4 (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks, BU bets $1.38, Hero calls $1.36, CO folds.

Final Pot: $4.68.
  • 4 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Hello,

If you are not cbetting on flop you are not calling the bet on any other street. On river you are beaten by many combos they have; all overpairs and even some random 5x these guys sometimes have, as well as 6 and 7x.

So bet flop or C/F the whole hand.
    • bakuncho
      bakuncho
      Bronze
      I only made the call because it looked so strange the bet on that board, I only made the call in the last second just because the amount of his bet was so large that made me believe that he had air.

I had 29% equity there with A high, is the call terrible? Although there are lots of combos that I'm losing of course, so is the call so terrible? Usually my net winnings are very low compared to EV and this spot I believed that it may be a +EV call even with AK regarding the maths.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      In a HU pot I might catch that, there is a possibility that AQ/AJ are trying to take the pot. But with 3 players on the board, you are probably 11/10 beaten and that big bet might be a bad players last stand to get value for his TT etc.

Marginal spot, you will save that 1,38 every time you fold in these situations, because most of the time you are behind :) Especially in multiway pot.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello bakuncho,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

About the hand not worth trying to be hero here, he will more often just Check behind Ace high type of holdings on the river than turn it into bluff. Therefore Check/Fold postflop.

Best Regards.