[NL2-NL10] Nl 10 Tt

Bronze
      Party, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $10 (100 bb)
      Hero (BB): $10.58 (105.8 bb)
      SB: $3 (30 bb)
      MP: $11.72 (117.2 bb)
      BTN: $9.24 (92.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T T
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.40, SB folds, Hero calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.85) K 2 K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.85) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, BTN calls $0.60

River: ($2.05) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, BTN calls $1.10

Results:
      $4.25 pot ($0.21 rake)
      Final Board: K 2 K 8 3
      Hero showed T T and lost (-$2.10 net)
      BTN showed Q Q and won $4.04 ($1.94 net)

If I was in SB I would have 3bet but in BB I am happy to call against an unknown player. When he checks back the flop I am betting the turn for value. I'm not sure what I was thinking on the river, I guess value again, if I bet any bigger am I turning my hand into a bluff?
  • 3 replies
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      i think the river valuebet is still a little thin.

i mean ... what worse checks behind the flop and calls 2 barrels?
      all smallish PP's bet the flop, some random 87,89,86,8T,J8 probably bet the flop as well so its pretty much just A8 that could check behind the flop i think.

Dont think u can bluffcatch against diamonds either
      (Also only a few A:diamond: x:diamond: combos out there) which would certainly check behind the river with SD eq.

Its mostly going to be jj-qq-slowplayed king-A high

C/f river is best imo
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      I think that the river bet is perfect. The opponent can call with some of his bluff catchers. He can't reasonably bluff raise you out, or worse, bet you out with a bluff if you check on the river. This latter point is a pretty big ingredient in a river bet OOP, since it will cost the pot to be bluffed out. There are busted draws here on your part from villains perspective. He could and should bet most everything you have severely beat, except perhaps for a few pp if he thought you are contemplating a fold with hands as strong as TT. A slightly smaller bet (say 35%) may have higher ev. Even smaller bets may entice him to bluff raise. In the buttons position (however I got to the river), I'd seriously consider a river bluff - even as a raise.

Whatever the villain had, he played it pretty badly. (I haven't cheated and looked in the spoiler yet.)

EDIT: Ah, well, you lost to his single most likely hand. The next time you'll stop a bluff. The time after that he calls down with 87s. The conclusion is still the same.

/Johan = :f_confused:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello 0744379,

Seems to be fine as long villain could have worse PPs and even Ace high which hero-call there. Well played!

Best Regards.