Real Life Crusher - Demarcohsp -

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Hi all,

About me

Some of you may already know me, I have a blog on this site from the time I signep up with pokerstrategy, but things have greatly changed in the meantime and I want to start a new one as I am a totally different person than 2 years ago.

What do I want to accomplish

I want to experience life in as many ways as possible, reach financial independence and live to the fullest.-

Everybody wants that, what makes you special?

I am a different person than most (all my peers say this).
      I work a lot more and have much higher ambitions, but what's most important I also break down my dreams into achievable goals and them further into steps which I can complete one at a time.

So what are those big plans?

First I am a med school student in second year now. I view uni as my safety net if everything else fails I can't end up worse than a doctor. As I said this is the last resort solution for me, though I like it.

I am a poker player. NL 50 sh is my main game atm and I view poker as a way of getting capital. With my latest optimizations to my life I will be able to invest more time in studying this and expand my cash source.

I am a very productivity based person. I am part of the accountability groups which run in the learning to win skype group and I am constantly improving myself. Current focus is on better nutrition (it's good, but I want it to be better). Last achievement is optimization of my sleep schedule

Plan is to be successful in business and get a few millions in my bank account. I believe in fastlane and passive income streams.
      Why blog?

I want to share my experiences with you and write articles on the stuff I learn and have learned until now. I want to refer back to these in the future and keep track of my progress.

These articles will be on very diverse themes as I learn just about anything that can help me become a better person and help me achieve my goals.

I think my first article will be on sport/exercise. I am a fan of calisthenics so you know what to expect.

PS:

I'd also add a section to this post with my current projects, but I can't atm as I can't access my email until I get home.

My articles:
      Exercise - calisthenics
      Language learning
      Sleep optimization
      Nutrition tips 1
      Nutrition tips 2
      Quick tips 1
      Hangovers
  • 102 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      1st!
    • johndraks
      johndraks
      Bronze
      2nd
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      3th
    • JimC6
      JimC6
      Bronze
      5th
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      First that gets to 10.000 get's a cake in the mail from me.

Sorry to say this but you are disqualified JimC6 :(
    • JimC6
      JimC6
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeMarcohsp
      First that gets to 10.000 get's a cake in the mail from me.

Sorry to say this but you are disqualified JimC6 :(
      I am on a diet anyway.

I do look forward to reading your blog though.
    • VladimirN
      VladimirN
      Bronze
      10.000th
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Since I can't do much else in the next 20 min I'll write my first article now.

:spade: Calisthenics :spade:

My exercise routine contains 6 times a week exercising 2 muscles groups with the methodology taken from Convict Conditioning books (there are 2).

They promote calisthenics (exercising with your own body weight) as the best way to exercise and I agree very much with them.
      Benefits include:
      -real superhuman strength
      -better/stronger joints
      -no more joint pain like the one you get from going to the gym
      -better coordination
      -aesthetics - you will get the looks of the Greek statues if practiced properly and with proper nutrition, not the bulky looks of the modern gym gorillas.
      - you get in harmony with your body - this brings me great feeling of accomplishment.

The first book describes the "Big Six" pushups for chest, pullups for back, squats for legs, bridges for spine muscles, leg raises for abs and handstand pushups for all upper trunk.

I practice them for 3-4 months now(and I will fortunately never stop). Every exercise is divided into 10 smaller steps which have a progression standard, when you hit it you start doing the exercise in the next step.

So you evolve from doing pushups against a wall in 10 tiny steps till you get to the last one - doing one arm pushups.

here is a link with how these exercises look like : Click me

I am past step 5 only in doing squats so it is taking a long time. The idea behind is to get maximum benefit from each step (after all where do you go after you reach the last step?) and build you as strong as you can possibly be.

The second book deals with training of smaller groups like: calves, forearms, neck, lateral chain and also shares other aspects of the life in prison.

Why convict conditioning? Because the other is an ex convict which spent over 20 years in prison and the techniques which he shares are something that was not accessible to the outside people before his books.

This type of training fits me very well as it takes little time, you can do it anywhere and it doesn't necessitate any type of equipment - perfect fit for me.

I hope that this will help you guys that are too lazy to go to the gym or those that want a different approach. I was a gym junkie myself for 3 years but I stopped for a few months and moved totally on calisthenics for strength training.

Enjoy your journey to superhuman strength and a better mind-body connection.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      1st again!

Good luck with the blog mate :) .

P.S. CC is awesome :D .

-SF
    • bashpepe89
      bashpepe89
      Bronze
      nice blog, bookmarked
    • Ickki
      Ickki
      Bronze
      Good luck mate. Looking forward to reading this.
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Following and +1 to the convict conditioning.

I was a gymlover for nearly 9 years and then dropped it completely when I discovered CC :f_love:
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by StaticMoth

I was a gymlover for nearly 9 years and then dropped it completely when I discovered CC :f_love:
      How long have you been doing it :D ?
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Originally posted by StaticMoth

How long have you been doing it :D ?
      Started@ end of august ... soo ... about 3 months

EDIT: Actually 2 months as I haven't been able to do much for the past month or so due to joint overload injuries from kickboxing trainings that I started going to since September as well :f_biggrin:

But now back on track and continuing as well.

I have the same tendencies as you show - legs are the only thing that I have on level 5 and it's still quite easy.

All the other stuff is @level 3-4
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Will be following, GL! :)
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      @ StaticMoth: Have you read the second book? There is a joint workout in there called Trifecta which is promoted to be effective in any typo of joint pain (and it takes only a few minutes a day).
    • rupucis2
      rupucis2
      Silver
      nice blog and I will follow!

I`m developing my productivity skills as well, so thats why this should be interesting. Keep up the good work! :)
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      @ StaticMoth: Have you read the second book? There is a joint workout in there called Trifecta which is promoted to be effective in any typo of joint pain (and it takes only a few minutes a day).
      Have skimmed through it out of curiosity - but will have to go back for a more "serious" look, thanks for the reminder ;)
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      No problem, it is a very good book imo.

I already implemented forearms and calves work + the daily joint work. Very useful and made my trainings more enjoyable. You should deff read it.

Good luck!