Christmas Coaching 2012 - Fixed Limit & Omaha - Application Thread

• 15 replies
    • repescov
      repescov
      Bronze
      Hi, I'm from Moldova, started playing poker almost 2 years ago.

Cash games I play
      PLO25, sh

Played a lot PLO10, now I have bankroll for PLO25 (I played only a few thousands hands on this new limit).

My preflop game is not bad, maybe a little too tight.
      I have concerns about postflop play, sometimes I give too much credit -> folding a lot (negative slope of the red line), sometimes I'm stubborn and do not believe my opponents, so I raise/reraise and even bluff in inappropriate spots -> (slope of the blue line goes to minus infinity).

So I need to understand better certain general situations.
    • Borisian
      Borisian
      Bronze
      PLO or PLO8 .01/.02
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm from Hungary and been playing poker (more or less) seriously since last year November.
      I'm currently playing Fixed Limit SH on:
      - 0.25/0.50 (~150k hands @ 1.4 bb/100) and
      - 0.5/1 (29k hands @ -1.2 bb/100)
      trying to stay on the latter for about the fifth try now.

Playing a 27/21 style on Stars and WPT around 3-4 hours a day 3-5 tabling, averaging a monthly 25-30k hands.

A couple of days ago I discovered that I'm loosing in HU pots (-0.5 bb/100) which is mind-boggling considering thats close to half the pots I play. Even if I consider the blinds, this can't be good.

Other than that I want to be more competent postflop especially against regs, or just generally improve whatever area I suck in - which would make up a long long list. :f_grin:
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      Originally posted by Tarhonya
      Hi,

I'm from Hungary and been playing poker (more or less) seriously since last year November.
      I'm currently playing Fixed Limit SH on:
      - 0.25/0.50 (~150k hands @ 1.4 bb/100) and
      - 0.5/1 (29k hands @ -1.2 bb/100)
      trying to stay on the latter for about the fifth try now.

Playing a 27/21 style on Stars and WPT around 3-4 hours a day 3-5 tabling, averaging a monthly 25-30k hands.

A couple of days ago I discovered that I'm loosing in HU pots (-0.5 bb/100) which is mind-boggling considering thats close to half the pots I play. Even if I consider the blinds, this can't be good.

Other than that I want to be more competent postflop especially against regs, or just generally improve whatever area I suck in - which would make up a long long list. :f_grin:
      Hey Tarhonya, glad to see FL players interested. I'm looking forward to learning more about this.
    • eudodo
      eudodo
      Bronze
      Hi,

The coaching I would like to apply is:
      Omaha

A few weeks ago I started my transition from NL SH to PLO (used to play mainly NL50 and NL100). A the very moment I'm not playing a lot as I'm putting more time in studying the game itself and focusing on developing/building solid foundations.

If you need any additional information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for the opportunity and Good Luck to Everyone!
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Hi,

I've been thinking of trying PLO for some time now and would love a chance of someone experienced to indroduce me to the game and give me some pointers how to crush. :)

Thank you for considering.
    • CheckNate
      CheckNate
      Bronze
      Hi There,

This looks like a fantastic opportunity. I would be very interested in some personal coaching.

I have been playing online poker for about three years (minimal home game experience before that) and I have been focusing on short handed fixed-limit for about a year-and-a-half.

I practice pretty solid bankroll management and I have worked my way up to .50/$1 stakes but I continually fail in a major way at that level. The last time I took a shot at .50/$1, in June, it shook me up a bit so I took most of the summer off and have been easing myself back into the game at lower stakes to build my confidence again. I have been practicing table selection and playing at good games up to .12/.25 while I "get my groove back".

Thanks for your consideration.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Hi,

I've just switched over from nl20 to plo recently. So I'm a complete fish playing plo2/5 atm. I have a good winrate but over a tiny sample, so not much to read into although I hope to be playing plo10 soon.

I've spent the last few days watching vids (waiting for gold status so I can watch some more of lechrumski's series) and reading articles. And I feel like I'm slowly getting to grips with basic preflop play.

Obviously I'm sure I have some bad habits from nlhe so it'd be sweet if I could get some help pointing out where I'm going wrong in that respect and have some guidance with regards to plo theory and concepts as I want to learn the game, not learn easy tricks on how to ship the monies.

Thanks for this opportunity and for consideration!
    • K2AA72
      K2AA72
      Bronze
      I play 50PLO and am probably playing way too loose, but I'm still winning a lot in the last couple of weeks.. I'd like a coaching to plug some preflop leaks, and maybe some postflop leaks as well.
    • janushr
      janushr
      Bronze
      i apply also,but my main game is holdem,but surly would like to know to play omaha better,as i do play sometimes,some micro limits SNG or small MTT...
    • Lennus
      Lennus
      Platinum
      I play plo 25 and I want ("need" is a better word xD ) a coaching. I am from the spanish community but I can speak fluid english and understand almost everything. My game has a solid pflop base (I suppose) but have a lot of problems postflop. My main game is nlhe100-200 but I can´t win on plo25 even :f_biggrin:
    • xJCzZ
      xJCzZ
      Bronze
      I have just started this PLO endeavor and would love the opportunity to receive further insight from a coaching session rather than just my take on videos and reading material. I have many questions which I am just itching to have answered.

Merry Xmas and thank you for this offer
    • meandi289
      meandi289
      Silver
      I currently play PLO at .05/.10, and I have read all Poker Strategy Articles on PLO ( not watched the video yet ). However, I'm still unable to beat the game. So, I'd like a coaching to help improve my game and move to higher stakes.

Thanks for your consideration.
    • Baluuu111
      Baluuu111
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I started to play poker when I'm turned 18, but then that was just fun, I didn't care much about the game.
      When Madorjan, Toma and Styx made a fix limit beginner course in the hungarian community, I started to play this kind of poker, on the micros 5/T, T/TT cents (aprx one and a half year ago)
      In the last one year I played mostly FLHE SH, and HUHU, FL HU SNG's, and some other variant's (like razz, stud, 5 cd).
      I had big plans for this year (reach supernova), but then my university dutys didn't made that possible.
      Now I'm playing 0,5/1 - 1/2 dollar FL SH and creating games so playing ultra shorthanded spots.

I'm attending to the Fix limit coaching (obviously), it looks a very good opportunity to make my game better, not only the strategic approaches, but the other skills (game selecting, tilt control, time management, and my english) too.
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Silver
      Wow... Can't believe i'm only now seeing this thread

If it's not too late, i'd like to ask for a christmas gift as well :)

I'm currently playing between plo25 (which i'm easily beating), and plo50, where i'm currently loosing, so i'm in a limbo of sorts :( .

Been playing plo for a few months now, going up and down; i've crushed plo25, started to play plo50; got my behind kicked, went back to plo25, crushed with 16bb/100 over 50k hands, went to plo50 and was doing ok; but i had to make a massive cashout, so i'm back at plo25.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, since i really want to start winning at plo50+.

Thanks and marry christmas