[NL20-NL50] NL25sh - T8cc stonecold bluff

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey,

More than 1 question with this hand!

Stats:
      MP - 24/21/154h aggro reg. 15.3% 3bet. 2/2 foldto3B, 32% raise 1st in MP. 83% CB flop
      CO - The fish at the table. 48/6/63h. Geen foldto3bet info. 6/8 foldtocbet. 2AF

Preflop:
      I think this is already a tough decision. I think that I'd squeeze most of my hands but I'd flat hands with good playability like QJs, TJs, KJs, KTs. Because 8Ts isn't a great hand and because of CO's F2CB I decided to squeeze. If CO had a lower F2CB I'd just flat. What to do, what to do?

Flop
      The easiest option is obv to fold :) . He alreade donked 2 out of 4 times and his sizing looked weak so I still went for it and raised... I also don't have to make a big/expensive raise because I only aim to make him fold random QJ, AsTo hands. I don't really like it though because we don't have equity vs any hand. Just give it up here?

Turn:
      My plan was to give up on the turn if villain called flop so I don't want to raise again. I just call because of the price and sometimes my T and 8 are life.

River:
      Another small bet! Now, I'm pretty sure he doesn't have Kx. In another previous hand he also fired 2 small bets on turn and river and he showed up with 2nd pair weak kicker. This is really small though so I think his range is mostly made of 6x, 88 and so on. The only problem is that I don't know wheter he's capable of folding those hands. Because he's fishy I generally avoid bluffing in those spots but he had 75% W$SD (3/4) so far and that was the moment where I changed my mind and just went for it. I also think that I have to raise this size to get enough FE, now he has to call $10 (2 digits), I also think this has the same effect as an AI. I also realize that I'm not repping much but we don't have to do that or think about that when playing vs those weak oppo's because they don't even think about ranges. They just see actions.

I think that:
      Preflop: Is fine because of his F2CB
      Flop: Is a fold
      Turn: Is fine
      River: Is really really close and I think +- BE so probably best to give up.
      Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2027964
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $4.80
      UTG: $10.04
      MP: $29.08
      CO: $39.17
      Hero (BTN): $25.00
      SB: $28.57

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with 8 :club: T :club:
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.75, CO calls $0.75, Hero raises to $3, 3 folds, CO calls $2.25

Flop: ($7.10) K :spade: 6 :heart: 3 :spade: (2 players)
      CO bets $1.75, Hero raises to $5, CO calls $3.25

Turn: ($17.10) J :diamond: (2 players)
      CO bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25

River: ($17.60) 2 :heart: (2 players)
      CO bets $0.25, Hero raises to $10.25
  • 3 replies
    • getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      Preflop: I think this is already a tough decision. I think that I'd squeeze most of my hands but I'd flat hands with good playability like QJs, TJs, KJs, KTs. Because 8Ts isn't a great hand and because of CO's F2CB I decided to squeeze. If CO had a lower F2CB I'd just flat. What to do, what to do?

U can go both ways, but I like calling a little bit better. I don't mind playing this hand in the BU. Also folding isn't that bad as well.

Flop The easiest option is obv to fold . He alreade donked 2 out of 4 times and his sizing looked weak so I still went for it and raised... I also don't have to make a big/expensive raise because I only aim to make him fold random QJ, AsTo hands. I don't really like it though because we don't have equity vs any hand. Just give it up here?

U can raise sometimes, but only u should know is he folding to raises or not :)

Turn: My plan was to give up on the turn if villain called flop so I don't want to raise again. I just call because of the price and sometimes my T and 8 are life.

Yeah, this is frustrating. He is asking for a raise with this, but he might call it again. I think u can call this, maybe ur Thi is good sometimes when he has a flushdraw.

River: Another small bet! Now, I'm pretty sure he doesn't have Kx. In another previous hand he also fired 2 small bets on turn and river and he showed up with 2nd pair weak kicker. This is really small though so I think his range is mostly made of 6x, 88 and so on. The only problem is that I don't know wheter he's capable of folding those hands. Because he's fishy I generally avoid bluffing in those spots but he had 75% W$SD (3/4) so far and that was the moment where I changed my mind and just went for it. I also think that I have to raise this size to get enough FE, now he has to call $10 (2 digits), I also think this has the same effect as an AI. I also realize that I'm not repping much but we don't have to do that or think about that when playing vs those weak oppo's because they don't even think about ranges. They just see actions.

I think he's not folding. We should just fold or call. He will be able to figure out that u wouldn't play Kx that way and there is busted FD, I think he's not going anywhere. I'm calling because we have to be good like 1/80 times ?:D Maybe he has 97ss or something like that. Also we can make some note after the hand.

These small bets usually tilt a lot, but we can do nothing with this hand.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Thank you!

U can go both ways, but I like calling a little bit better. I don't mind playing this hand in the BU. Also folding isn't that bad as well.

Why? :)

U can raise sometimes, but only u should know is he folding to raises or not

I didn't really know :P . And I gave you the same info as had so what would you do?
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      bumpy :)