Free $100 for New William Hill Players!

• 57 replies
    • liviusx
      liviusx
      Platinum
      i have received an email from poker strategy about this promotion but my account is older than 1 year...do i qualify ? and....there says that only 1st 1000 that hit 500 sp will receive the 100 $ bonus...only 1st 1000 qualify? i mean...let's say i'll be 1116 ...i won't get the bonus in this case?
    • kaktusz
      kaktusz
      Bronze
      I have made my William Hill account on 8th or 9th of December, do I qualify for this promotion?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Please send a ticket to our customer support team regarding your queries and they will be happy to assist you :)

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • hieple88
      hieple88
      Basic
      pl send for me 100$
    • GitGud
      GitGud
      Bronze
      Joined WH, linked account to PokerStrategy, took day off to generate 1250 WHP to get the $100 (as stated on this link), got the 1250 WHP, lost some money in the process, contacted WH's OS to get the $100, now they're telling me I need to generate 2500 WHP.

Be careful before joining WH because of this promotion.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey GitGud,

Let me see if we can get this looked into OK?

Best regards,
      Gary
    • Beachralle
      Beachralle
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GitGud
      Joined WH, linked account to PokerStrategy, took day off to generate 1250 WHP to get the $100 (as stated on this link), got the 1250 WHP, lost some money in the process, contacted WH's OS to get the $100, now they're telling me I need to generate 2500 WHP.

Be careful before joining WH because of this promotion.
      Hi GitGud,

this was a mistake on our end and 2,500 WHPoints is correct, we have updated the news + forum thread accordingly. You can also see it by comparing the required SP for this promotion which is 500 SP with $1 in rake = 5 SP since the start of the promotion.

Please apologize any inconvenience and I hope you still go for the promotion? :)

Kr,
      Ralph
    • GitGud
      GitGud
      Bronze
      No comment.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Please keep in mind guys that All players who signed up after December 14 are eligible for the free $100.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thank you for this clarification Ingrid.
    • sherpro
      sherpro
      Bronze
      If i deposit $50 at first then $30 later and then $20 i still get the extra $100 right?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey sherpo,

I'm not sure if multiple deposits are allowed or if it must be a $100 chunk. Please ask our customer support team and they should be able to tell you ;)

If you would be so kind to reply here with the answer also, that would be brilliant.

Best regards,
      Gary
    • GitGud
      GitGud
      Bronze
      Once again I've been wronged by PokerStrategy.

After their mistake mentioned above in the thread, I decided to get the rest of the rake needed to claim the promotion and that I did this from the 19th until the 21st.

Well I did, WH says I did, on any poker tracking site anyone can see I did and yet PokerStrategy says I didn't.

They're flat-out lying.

They're probably gonna delete this post so if you read this and you know about someone who's going for this promo, let'em know about this and get in touch with me through PM for more details and proof.
    • Beachralle
      Beachralle
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sherpro
      If i deposit $50 at first then $30 later and then $20 i still get the extra $100 right?
      Hi Sherpo,

the $100 deposit needs to be done in one bunch, not in multiple stages.

Kr,
      Ralph
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      What are you talking about?
      Is PS saying that you haven't gotten 500 SPs yet? Maybe there is a lag in the information sent from WH to PS and thats why there is a confusion.

I've collected 2500 WH Points from 20th-22nd. Contacted WH Support and asked them if anything else was required and they said I'm eligible, I've collected the required points and I'll get the money in my WH account in 1st Jan. If I as PS right now they won't know if I've made 500 SPs or not since there is a lag of 2-3 days in the info being sent.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Originally posted by Beachralle
      Hi Sherpo,

Kr,
      Ralph
      Just cross checking, I made a >$100 deposit, collected my points from 20th -22nd Dec, was told by WH support that I'll get $100 on 1st Jan and now I've withdrawn all the money from WH account. My withdrawing after earning 2500 WH Points won't affect anything right?
    • Beachralle
      Beachralle
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GitGud
      Once again I've been wronged by PokerStrategy.

After their mistake mentioned above in the thread, I decided to get the rest of the rake needed to claim the promotion and that I did this from the 19th until the 21st.

Well I did, WH says I did, on any poker tracking site anyone can see I did and yet PokerStrategy says I didn't.

They're flat-out lying.

They're probably gonna delete this post so if you read this and you know about someone who's going for this promo, let'em know about this and get in touch with me through PM for more details and proof.
      Hi GitGud,

why we should delete this post?

Please check if you have raked 500 SP or more (just go to home section @pokerstrategy.com). If not you need to rake the missing points.

If you refer that you have reached the 2,500 WHPoints please contact [URL=http://www.pokerstrategy.com/help]our customer support[/url] with screenshots to look into it. In both cases any bonus points don´t count for the promotion.

Thank you,
      Ralph
    • Beachralle
      Beachralle
      Bronze
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      Originally posted by Beachralle
      Hi Sherpo,

Kr,
      Ralph
      Just cross checking, I made a >$100 deposit, collected my points from 20th -22nd Dec, was told by WH support that I'll get $100 on 1st Jan and now I've withdrawn all the money from WH account. My withdrawing after earning 2500 WH Points won't affect anything right?
      Hi maheepsangari

no this will have no effect on the promotion.

Kr,
      Ralph
    • GitGud
      GitGud
      Bronze
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      What are you talking about?
      Is PS saying that you haven't gotten 500 SPs yet? Maybe there is a lag in the information sent from WH to PS and thats why there is a confusion.

I've collected 2500 WH Points from 20th-22nd. Contacted WH Support and asked them if anything else was required and they said I'm eligible, I've collected the required points and I'll get the money in my WH account in 1st Jan. If I as PS right now they won't know if I've made 500 SPs or not since there is a lag of 2-3 days in the info being sent.
      Hey.

In the following I'll refer to the Dirty Dozen sngs as D12 for short.

D12s have a $2.00 buy-in with a $0.4 tournament fee.

I played over 250 D12s from the 19th to the 21st and I can prove it.

That's over $(250*0.4)=$100 in rake.

We're supposed to get 5 SP for each $1 in rake or tournament fees we generate. So I should have gotten over (5*100) SP=500 SP.

But I didn't!

Also I got a confirmation from the OS that I raked over $100, but that was over on-line chat. I should have taken a screenshot for proof.

Now PS is asking me for proof that they did say that, I contacted the OS again, but now they're forwarding the issue to another team or something.

Now in regard to your situation, there's something you should be careful with:

PS isn't clear on this. They say you need only get 2500 WHP, but that's a lie. What you need to get is 500 SP.

Also they'll claim that in order to get 500 SP it enough that you generate $100 in rake. Well, that's a lie too, just look at what happened to me.

Another thing they claim is that in order to generate $100 in rake it suffices that you generate 2500 WHP. Guess what? That's a lie too. Although this one is due to incompetence rather than them wanting to cheat us.

Here's why: most poker rooms (as far as I know), have "Standard Points" and "VIP Points".

WH doesn't. They're one and the same. This means that when you reach a new VIP level, you'll get your points multiplied.

On WH VIP levels are updated really quick so I'm guessining most of your WHP were generated with a multiplier already. So assuming that you generated $100 in rake because you got 2500 WHP is a mistake (obviously not your fault).

I wouldn't count on you getting the necessary SP. I suggest you contact WH's OS and ask'em how much rake you generated.

Sorry for the long post. I suggest you read everything so you don't get wronged like I did.

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, I was also told by the OS that I'd get the $100 on January 1st. But then I noticed that I didn't have 500 SP, so I contacted PS and the rest you already know.